Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corrugated roofing

When screwing corrugated roofing onto the purlins, is it normal to have
humpy-profiled stuff between the purlin and the roofing sheet?

I was planning to insert the screws on the ridges of the corrugatons,
not the troughs, to minimise leaks. The humpy-profile stuff would
prevent the sheet deforming if I over-tightened the roofing screws. Or
I could just not over-tighten the screws, which seems simpler.

The project it a wood store for firewood logs.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08 May 2014, Ron Lowe grunted:

When screwing corrugated roofing onto the purlins, is it normal to have
humpy-profiled stuff between the purlin and the roofing sheet?

I was planning to insert the screws on the ridges of the corrugatons,
not the troughs, to minimise leaks. The humpy-profile stuff would
prevent the sheet deforming if I over-tightened the roofing screws. Or
I could just not over-tighten the screws, which seems simpler.

Humpy-profile (TM) stuff he http://tinyurl.com/lznz7lm
(or http://www.screwfix.com/p/ariel-vist...ini-pvc-sheet-
eavesfiller-610mm-pack-of-24/30553)

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:43:36 PM UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 08 May 2014, Ron Lowe grunted:

When screwing corrugated roofing onto the purlins, is it normal to have
humpy-profiled stuff between the purlin and the roofing sheet?

Humpy-profile (TM) stuff he http://tinyurl.com/lznz7lm
(or http://www.screwfix.com/p/ariel-vist...ini-pvc-sheet-
eavesfiller-610mm-pack-of-24/30553)

not needed though. Primarily useful for draughtproofing.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2014 00:45, wrote:
On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:43:36 PM UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 08 May 2014, Ron Lowe grunted:

When screwing corrugated roofing onto the purlins, is it normal to have
humpy-profiled stuff between the purlin and the roofing sheet?

Humpy-profile (TM) stuff he
http://tinyurl.com/lznz7lm
(or http://www.screwfix.com/p/ariel-vist...ini-pvc-sheet-
eavesfiller-610mm-pack-of-24/30553)

not needed though. Primarily useful for draughtproofing.

NT

The eves filler also helps to stop the stuff rattling in the wind.
The thin stuff usually has plastic spacers to go between the purlin and
the sheet to stop it distorting when screwed down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Corrugated what? If its plastic, they tend to crack where the screws are,
but faster if they are under pressure. I've seen many remains of car ports
made of that stuff.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Ron Lowe" wrote in message
When screwing corrugated roofing onto the purlins, is it normal to have
humpy-profiled stuff between the purlin and the roofing sheet?

I was planning to insert the screws on the ridges of the corrugatons,
not the troughs, to minimise leaks. The humpy-profile stuff would
prevent the sheet deforming if I over-tightened the roofing screws. Or
I could just not over-tighten the screws, which seems simpler.

The project it a wood store for firewood logs.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2014 09:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
Corrugated what? If its plastic, they tend to crack where the screws are,
but faster if they are under pressure. I've seen many remains of car ports
made of that stuff.
Brian

You may have seen mine.. it only lasted 32 years.