Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brilliant!

http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 May 2014 22:01:42 UTC+1, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

Oh, don't bother, it's been done for me!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2014 22:01, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

Oh dear

--
Dazza
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:01:42 PM UTC+1, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

http://www.wimp.com/ballbach/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mr
Fuxit writes
On Thursday, 8 May 2014 22:01:42 UTC+1, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

Oh, don't bother, it's been done for me!

If you mean a clickable link then you just prefix it with http:// and
most readers will make it clickable.

eg: http://bbc.co.uk
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred writes:
In article , Mr
Fuxit writes
On Thursday, 8 May 2014 22:01:42 UTC+1, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

Oh, don't bother, it's been done for me!

If you mean a clickable link then you just prefix it with http:// and
most readers will make it clickable.

eg: http://bbc.co.uk

RFC1738 recommends wrapping it with URL: and
e.g. URL:http://bbc.co.uk

but most clients will spot http: and try and work out where the end
of that URL is without the wrapper. Less commonly used URLs may not
get picked up without the wrapper though - the wrapper should allow
a URL to be identified which the client doesn't know about, such as
perhaps , whereas probably no
clients would identify the unwrapped .

An earlier draft of the RFC recommended just the angle brackets without
the URL: part, and this is still quite commonly used.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2014 10:48, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
whereas probably no
clients would identify the unwrapped .

My Thunderbird 24.5.0 did :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew May wrote:
On 09/05/2014 10:48, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
whereas probably no
clients would identify the unwrapped .

My Thunderbird 24.5.0 did :-)

and my Seamonkey 1.8!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2014 11:11, Andrew May wrote:
On 09/05/2014 10:48, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
whereas probably no
clients would identify the unwrapped .

My Thunderbird 24.5.0 did :-)

Yes but as an email address!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

RFC1738 recommends wrapping it with URL: and
e.g. URL:http://bbc.co.uk

Since, as you say, most clients will recognise it anyway, I recommend
*not* putting anything except space around it to make it easier for
those using text-only or other non-URL aware clients to cut and paste
more easily.

-- Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 May 2014 22:01:42 UTC+1, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

Thanks for the suggestions, fellers, but it seems that it's done automatically
when I click "Post"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Fuxit wrote:
On Thursday, 8 May 2014 22:01:42 UTC+1, Mr Fuxit wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/windowinstallation/

(Also, can someone please remind me how to send live links?)

Thanks for the suggestions, fellers, but it seems that it's done automatically
when I click "Post"

No, it's done by the newsreader. All you're posting is plain text.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2014 12:58, dennis@home wrote:
On 09/05/2014 11:11, Andrew May wrote:
On 09/05/2014 10:48, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
whereas probably no
clients would identify the unwrapped .

My Thunderbird 24.5.0 did :-)

Yes but as an email address!

Yes.

(Also TBird)

Andy

A brilliant piece of planning ARWadsworth UK diy 17 March 14th 12 11:13 PM
A simple idea but brilliant. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 14 June 2nd 08 07:05 PM
brilliant bux.toin Woodworking 0 February 18th 08 02:20 PM
brilliant bux.toin UK diy 0 February 18th 08 02:19 PM
brilliant bux.toin Home Repair 0 February 18th 08 02:17 PM