Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laying vinyl on vinyl

I have a vinyl floor in my kitchen and bathroom and it's skanky. I'd like to replace it but I've found that it's pretty well stuck down. Could I lay a new floor on top of the existing vinyl floor? If so, what preparation would be required?

Thanks

Edward
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not much help that word on what is wrong with it though. Is it just scuffed
and dirty, or is it bubbling up in places?
I'm assuming its not the trusty old tiles, as they are a real pain, and
have to be removed or the n joins show through after about a year.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
wrote in message
I have a vinyl floor in my kitchen and bathroom and it's skanky. I'd like
to replace it but I've found that it's pretty well stuck down. Could I lay
a new floor on top of the existing vinyl floor? If so, what preparation
would be required?

Thanks

Edward

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, April 28, 2014 4:00:12 PM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Not much help that word on what is wrong with it though. Is it just scuffed

and dirty, or is it bubbling up in places?

I'm assuming its not the trusty old tiles, as they are a real pain, and

have to be removed or the n joins show through after about a year.

Brian

It's dirty and rough and ugly but it seems to be pretty well stuck down. It is tiles, though I would be replacing with tiles. I hadn't thought of the joins showing through though in truth the joins are pretty tight.

I think I might have to remove them after all ....

Thanks

Edward
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, April 28, 2014 10:51:57 AM UTC+1, wrote:

I have a vinyl floor in my kitchen and bathroom and it's skanky. I'd like to replace it but I've found that it's pretty well stuck down. Could I lay a new floor on top of the existing vinyl floor? If so, what preparation would be required?

I've not done that, but cant see a problem, as long as there are no lumps missing and its cleaned properly first.

NT

laying vinyl flooring Phil L[_2_] UK diy 3 March 9th 10 08:50 PM
Laying vinyl flooring someone UK diy 7 July 14th 08 12:53 PM
Surprised at the cost of laying vinyl! Dave UK diy 13 August 18th 05 03:59 PM
Another try - Laying vinyl tiles Ben UK diy 2 March 3rd 05 11:41 PM
Laying vinyl tiles Ben UK diy 0 February 22nd 05 02:46 AM