Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default laying vinyl flooring

I may have dreamt this, but wasn't there a post on here about laying this
stuff by using a wire coathanger somehow to aid cutting?

Does anyone have any idea how this stuff is cut accurately? - I always seem
to get gaps around the edges and I've got some to lay in my bathroom soon.

TIA

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
I may have dreamt this, but wasn't there a post on here about laying this
stuff by using a wire coathanger somehow to aid cutting?

Does anyone have any idea how this stuff is cut accurately? - I always seem
to get gaps around the edges and I've got some to lay in my bathroom soon.

For a small room like a bathroom, I use brown paper to make a master
sheet and cut to that. You can always stick bits back on when working
with brown paper if you get the cut wrong.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
For a small room like a bathroom, I use brown paper to make a master sheet
and cut to that. You can always stick bits back on when working with brown
paper if you get the cut wrong.

I always try to get the edges to go under the skirting board (cutting the
bottom of the skirting if necessary....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 8, 10:14*pm, "Phil L" wrote:
I may have dreamt this, but wasn't there a post on here about laying this
stuff by using a wire coathanger somehow to aid cutting?

Does anyone have any idea how this stuff is cut accurately? - I always seem
to get gaps around the edges and I've got some to lay in my bathroom soon..

TIA

cut a template, get it spot on first. The card packets the tiles come
in are just right for this.

NT

Laying vinyl flooring Part II someone UK diy 8 August 19th 08 01:52 PM
Laying vinyl flooring someone UK diy 7 July 14th 08 12:53 PM
Laying laminate flooring over existing vinyl tiles in kitchen [email protected] UK diy 2 June 8th 06 12:07 AM
Kitchen flooring prep for laying of vinyl Toby Groves UK diy 4 December 12th 05 07:01 PM
Another try - Laying vinyl tiles Ben UK diy 2 March 3rd 05 11:41 PM