Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replaging floorboards - skirtings

As part of the lounge refurb we are going to lift the 1930s well hacked
about floor boards and replace.

Now all these boards tuck nicely under the skirting boards and the plaster.

What are the chances of getting them all out from under the skirtings then
slipping 18mm boards under without damaging the skirtings?

If we use wide T&G boards such as Caber then the last board may well be a
challenge.

Oh, and as an alternative flooring we keep looking at various particle
boards.

Particle board with large wood flakes seems to be used a lot in NZ as
flooring and it does have a much more attractive finish than green
flooring grade chipboard.

Anyone been down this route?

Cheers

Dave R