Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Beware phone number scammers;!...

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:27:04 +0000, Johny B Good
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 06:02:11 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Johny B Good" wrote in message

Yes, I too have had the odd persistant callback. Not a problem, you
just simply hang up without a word. There's no point in wasting breath
or time telling them to "Go Away". They very rarely persist in calling
back after the second call. Even the dimmest of them eventually
realises the hopelessness of their 'Quest' and moves on to 'greener
pastures'.

The problem appears to be those with fully automated systems
so there is no human making any decision about the hopelessness
of what they are trying to do, just a badly implemented automated
dialling system that just mindlessly dials away and only bothers to
connect you to an ape at their end once the call is answered.

So it makes no difference what you do, the system just keeps
calling you regardless.

All the more reason to ignore the call or or simply hangup straight
away. Obviously, if their number comes up on caller display and your
DECT phone has the facility, you can add them to the incoming calls
barred list. When you can't bar those calls, you have no choice except
to brush them away with the absolute minimum of effort.

If you're plagued by such calls, I suppose you can (and, perhaps,
should) report them to your Telco as nuisance calls. I've never
experienced such extreme levels of annoyance as this as to warrant
reporting them.

For anyone interested in blacklisting another telemarketing sales
phone number, I had one appear in my answer machine message list today
whilst I was out of 'the office'.

They didn't leave a message (but had obviously listened to the
outgoing message which is a little unusual since they generally hang
up as soon as they realise the call has been answered by a machine).

The fact that they'd not withheld their number (01257224641) led me
to google the area code and then the whole number which revealed it to
be a telemarketing operation. The number got added to the incoming
calls barred list so won't be annoying me in the future.
--
Regards, J B Good