Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PING TMH

On 18/03/2014 08:36, Stephen wrote:
On 14/03/2014 19:53, Nightjar wrote:
On 14/03/2014 13:52, Stephen wrote:
On 14/03/2014 12:48, Nightjar wrote:

Can you sign? If so, you could find you have a niche market you could
exploit and they would understand why you can't take phone calls.

I am unusual for someoone who is born profoundly deaf, I don't use sign
language at all..... I hear with hearing aids, listen, lipread and
speak....

Pity. It could have been a good USP for your business.

For various reasons which is beyond the remit of the newsgroup, deaf
adults are 4 times more likely to be unemployed compared to the hearing
population. Part of this reason is the cost of communication support
like sign language interpreters, unable to use a phone etc.

As a consequence, a greater proportion of these deaf adults will be on
disbaility or means tested benefits when compared to the hearing
population.

I believe that for a handyman business to work, its worth targetting the
cash rich & time poort segment of the public.

People in reciept of benefits would struggle to qualify as cash rich &
time poor.........

One of my cousins made a very successful business out of providing taxi
services for people on disability benefits, specifically wheelchair
users. He adapted all his taxis then sold his services to the local
authorities, particularly for getting wheelchair bound children to and
from school.

Colin Bignell

PING TDD Oren[_2_] Home Repair 3 March 11th 14 12:01 AM
Ping Lew Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 8 February 10th 13 04:01 AM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Ping Ned S StaticsJason Metalworking 1 February 25th 06 04:38 AM
Ping BB Cliff Metalworking 0 February 21st 06 04:08 AM