Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Not very admirable insurance. OT

I'm with Northern Rock since sometime last summer IIRC, I got in touch with the company that found my original insurance (IIRC Compare the Market.com) and they showed a change of company would be ideal. As always seems to happen with these companies (to me at least) I can't seem to close the deal before a sleaseman from god knows where cuts in and talks me into very reasonable windscreen cover etc..
I seem to have landed in the shark end of the pond somehow. Any suggestions?

***

Admiral Insurance Services - ADSAI

Dear Mr ***

Your account with Admiral has now been transferred to Debt Managers for collection.

You must now make arrangements to pay the outstanding balance to Debt Managers quoting the reference number ***
Payment may be made by card securely online at www.dmpay.co.uk using your reference number and unique password ***

Alternatively, please call me as soon as you can on 0844 842 5294 to discuss your repayment options.

Many thanks.

Sam N Parcs
Supervisor

The cost of calls may vary depending on your network provider - please check with your provider for confirmation. Calls may be monitored & recorded for training & audit purposes.
OPENING TIMES
Monday - Thursday 8 am - 8 pm
Friday 8 am - 7pm
Saturday 8 am - 4pm

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company

The information transmitted is confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and confirm to us that it has been destroyed. You are strictly prohibited from using , copying or disseminating this message or any information it contains to anyone other than the intended recipient.

Debt Managers (Services) Limited. Company registration number 8092808

Registered in England and Wales

Registered Office: One Arleston Way, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 4LH

****

I would like some help rewording the following to keep out of further difficulties. My usual approach is fairly far from that of amelioration:

I know that with ISP companies they can no longer charge what they used to try for if the service has not been supplied. May I presume the same will be true for all and any unused services?
(Not that I know what they are presuming I owe them.)

I remember being in dire straights at the time as I couldn't take a job some 6 miles down the road without having insurance. Had I know Admiral were going to cover me I wouldn't have sought another company. So I lost a job that might have easily paid for the insurance and had to get another cove whilst unemployed (so that I wouldn't miss another job if one came calling.)

A bit of a double whammy really, the *******s!!!!!
Not entirely their fault though -unless they were using Windows Server or abusing their staff the way that modern financiers do in all businesses in Britain these days.

Or some other reason that a computer failure might affect a business that is computer based, if that is possible. I imagine a company as large as Admiral would have redundant arrays or whatever the IT of technological fail-safes is called. After all you never hear of banks having computers falling over do you.

***

What is this about?

I never renewed my policy with you. You never sent me a reminder and I had n reason to assume it would be automatically renewed. I found someone cheaper via the firm I used to find your company and you never responded in due time. (There was something wrong with your servers you told me later.)

Had I waited for you to come back to me I would have fallen out of favour with Her Majesty's collector of taxes. How many of us were caught in that trap and what did you suppose we would all do in those circumstances?

You may phone me on ***
If I phone you at the above number, my service provider will charge me quite a lot of money. Thank you in advance for whatever...

***

I should maybe reconsider this bit:
"How many of us were caught in that trap and what did you suppose we would all do in those circumstances?"
What does the panel think?

If the server was down for a week then 1/52 of their customers would have been in limbo. I can't be the only one subject to such a claim.
Perhaps I ought to ask for copies of the emails they sent to me in the second year. I put them in the spam bin after getting so many sales pitches for stuff I wasn't interested in. By the time they got antsy, evidently, I was incommunicado.

I wouldn't have put them in the bin if I was still with them. IIRC my only contact with them directly was after the expiry date when I asked for whatever it is you have to send to the next company to make a no claims bonus request.

I wish I could remember the conversation. It wasn't followed up with a letter. as far as I know (I may have moved in between time. (I can't remember the dates.) And as I said... anything in the email account.... no, that would have come through I think. I just don't remember.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:00:21 -0800 (PST), Weatherlawyer
wrote:

I'm with Northern Rock since sometime last summer IIRC, I got in touch with the company that found my original insurance (IIRC Compare the Market.com) and they showed a change of company would be ideal. As always seems to happen with these companies (to me at least) I can't seem to close the deal before a sleaseman from god knows where cuts in and talks me into very reasonable windscreen cover etc..
I seem to have landed in the shark end of the pond somehow. Any suggestions?

--snip--

It looks like this isn't the first time that Admiral have tried this
on:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2134597/Your-insurer-ripped-customers-duped-renewing-expensive-policies.html

AFAIK auto-renewing policies are allowed but they must write to you in
advance (which they appear not to have done).

My suggestion is to raise a formal complaint with Admiral and, if this
fails, raise the matter with the Ombudsman. I would expect them to
give up if you persevere. AFAIK it would cost them more to handle a
complaint that they could get from you.

For a better answer maybe ulm would be a place to try?
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?