Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker lead extention

A friend hadd to replace their cooker so brought one but the installer said the cable was too short so he couldn't install it so left. (PC world/currys or some shop)

Seems there are two options

1/ extend the cooker cable (that's too short) using a suitable junction box and cable

2/ just extend the existing lead by crimping, soldering, or terminal block with a suitable bit of cable (32 amp).

Is there anyhting else I need to be aware of as it seems a relatively simple job.

I'll probbely just pop in to B here and Q fort the stuff

Gas Pipe Extention PAUL DALBY UK diy 17 July 12th 12 06:37 PM
Shaft extention update Tom Gardner Metalworking 15 July 20th 08 05:50 PM
Shaft extention Tom Gardner[_2_] Metalworking 11 July 19th 08 02:03 AM
EXTENTION BOXES larry UK diy 2 January 6th 05 12:47 AM
Mini Lathe Bed Extention David Heidary Metalworking 15 July 31st 03 09:35 PM