Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Sharp garden saw

A thumbs up for this

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Razo...den+Saw/p52906

Puts my bowsaw (with a new blade) to shame. I think it cuts on forward
and back strokes, so very fast indeed!
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:51:19 +0000, stuart noble wrote:

A thumbs up for this

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Razo...den+Saw/p52906

Puts my bowsaw (with a new blade) to shame. I think it cuts on forward
and back strokes, so very fast indeed!

Looks good - I bought a S&J Garden Predator from TS a few years back and
that's bloody (literally if you're not careful!) good.
BTW, don't try the teeth for sharpness with a finger - it'll tell you!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2014 17:17, PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:51:19 +0000, stuart noble wrote:

A thumbs up for this

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Razo...den+Saw/p52906

Puts my bowsaw (with a new blade) to shame. I think it cuts on forward
and back strokes, so very fast indeed!

Looks good - I bought a S&J Garden Predator from TS a few years back and
that's bloody (literally if you're not careful!) good.
BTW, don't try the teeth for sharpness with a finger - it'll tell you!

Yep, my only criticism is that it could do with a substantial blade
guard. It really is razor sharp.
Posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

Puts my bowsaw (with a new blade) to shame.

Very nice! I picked up a similar blade*, but in a smaller pruning saw
form-curved blade about 18'' (am I allowed to use inches?) long that folds
into the handle. Used it to lop off a few dead pine limbs where I had to
reach overhead from the ladder, and it cut _way_ faster than what I thought
was a good bow saw! And yes, it's really really sharp!

*in a U.S. "big box" store, so details not useful.

Add home & Garden site to Home & garden directory xsYSN Add your Site Home Repair 0 July 3rd 07 12:00 PM
Sharp LCD TV. Dani Electronics Repair 0 April 11th 07 02:10 PM
Too sharp or fack sharp (waterstones) MrM Woodworking 5 November 21st 06 01:19 PM
3DZ13 (SHARP) and 3TZ53 (SHARP) yt87788248 Electronics Repair 1 October 17th 05 09:03 AM
how to tell if bit is sharp enough? Tim Simmons Woodworking 20 September 4th 03 11:26 PM