Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Now for something completely different~ A Team film.

With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet
again, I watched th A Team film.
Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx.
About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven
flying boat.
This didn't look like sfx to me.
If it is real, does anyone know what and where it is? My guess would be
Canada. Film was made 2010 so not that ancient.
This is, sort of, vaguely, DIY related.
Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 00:01:09 -0000
"Nick" wrote:

With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet
again, I watched th A Team film.
Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx.
About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop
driven flying boat.
This didn't look like sfx to me.
If it is real, does anyone know what and where it is? My guess would
be Canada. Film was made 2010 so not that ancient.
This is, sort of, vaguely, DIY related.
Thanks.

Canada is correct. See:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/...ref_=ttfc_sa_5

And just to get the feel for how many people work on a film, try this
page, and make sure you read all the credits:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 00:01:09 +0000, Nick wrote:

About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven
flying boat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_JRM_Mars
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2014 00:01, Nick wrote:
About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven
flying boat.
This didn't look like sfx to me.
Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Sunderland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not many of those left. Flying boats tend to have shorter lives than other
aircraft due to the corrosive effects of salt water and the tendency for
many of them to hit semi submerged objects during take off and landing of
course.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"nemo" wrote in message
On 05/02/2014 00:01, Nick wrote:
About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven
flying boat.
This didn't look like sfx to me.
Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Sunderland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
MattyF wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_JRM_Mars

i.e. the "water bomber" version, which they still used in Canada until
last year (it says in Matty's wiki ref). Fab airplanes! Being
replaced by Hercules (it says).

DIY link: must look for a kit. [to add to my other 50 un-made kits,
which I was going to do when I retired, but have never touched, being
too busy.]

J.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Feb 2014 12:39:29 GMT

On 2014-02-05, Davey wrote:

And just to get the feel for how many people work on a film, try
this page, and make sure you read all the credits:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

My wife is always expressing incredulity over how many people work on
a movie.

I agree with her, especially after reading the credits for this one!

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2014 12:58, Davey wrote:
On 5 Feb 2014 12:39:29 GMT

On 2014-02-05, Davey wrote:

And just to get the feel for how many people work on a film, try
this page, and make sure you read all the credits:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

My wife is always expressing incredulity over how many people work on
a movie.

I agree with her, especially after reading the credits for this one!

If you'd ever been on a film set for a few days, you'd not be surprised,
a lot of the people listed in the credits are only there for a day or
two during a twelve month production period.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Bostin day for Team GB. brass monkey UK diy 0 August 4th 12 11:06 PM
Team Building [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 February 9th 09 02:27 PM
The Transition Team ATP* Metalworking 0 October 10th 08 10:32 PM
New Football Team [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 24th 05 08:41 AM
hazmat team needed BUB 209 Woodworking 11 December 20th 04 09:54 PM