Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earthing metal switches

As part of the hall decorating I've replaced 3 of those bloody awful
Georgian Brass (effect) light switches with nice white plastic ones.

In all three cases the earth was connected to the back box, but no link
to the face plate.

Am I right in assuming that just isn't good enough? Shouldn't a link
wire to the face be added?

Mind you, this was probably done by the same bloke who installed 2 x
wall lights wired to power points with the cables going diagonally.