Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

.... identifying houses that would qualify for FREE DAYTIME ELECTRICITY !! "

Said the very salesman-looking bloke in the hi-vis jacket standing at my
door. "Ah, so that would be solar panels that you're trying to flog me then
...." said I.

"Well, er, er, yes. We've got some very special deals available for people
like yourself if you qualify !"

I (reasonably) politely suggested that I was not interested, and that he
should go and see if he could find another house that qualified ...

Where do these people get this spiel from ? Do they learn it off a company
crib card, or do they come up with it themselves ? I have to admit that I
hadn't heard this one before, and it's reasonably clever sticking the word
'daytime' in there, as most folk probably wouldn't immediately catch the
connection, allowing him to get into his stride.

On a slightly different note though, I came across this today, which if it
isn't being hyped too much for the sake of making a publicity splash, might
show some promise to make the windmills and solar panels a bit better
prospect.

http://www.seas.harvard.edu/news/201...newable-energy

Note to Harry.

You could put yourself up as an enthusiastic test subject and have a tank
put in your garden ... d;-)

Arfa