Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Network linked mains timer switch (lighting control)

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a network (IP) controlled timer switch for village hall car park lighting to replace a mechanical timeswitch. There's a lot of generic, domestic-grade or network server power switches available, but I'm after a particular set of features:

* Network control: standard RJ45 network interface
* Three main modes: Timer, manual off, manual on
* Possible fourth mode: Ambient light detect/override (for cloudy days/bad weather)
* Timer: On time to vary with season / sunset time (like the mechanical one its replacing)
* Battery backed real time clock with NTP sync

The main aim is to save energy by having a default off time to coincide with the absolute closing time of the Hall (midnight + a little grace period) on event days, but to allow the Hall Manager to turn the lights off remotely when there are no evening events.

I'm hoping to find something moderately industrial that's not too expensive (under £150-ish) that can also be controlled remotely and from scripts running on a server (I could tie the off time into the hall booking system!)

This might also make an interesting Raspberry Pi / Micro controller project, but I have concerns about implementing a home-brew setup in a commercial environment.

Can anyone suggest any makes/models/possible suppliers from experience.

Thanks.