Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default TV distribution system project

My own TV distribution system was in need of attention. It had a lot of
minor faults. Then I learnt about muxes 7 and 8, and the local
transmissions, none of which would be carried by the system without
modification. Being more-or-less retired I decided I had the time to do
something about it. However I didn’t want to spend money on it. So I
decided to do the whole thing from bits and bobs that were lying around.
This meant that the existing CCTV equipment would be retained, and the
‘in house’ signals would be distributed as analogue channels rather than
digital multiplexes.

One day I will have a new CCTV DVR, one that will record more channels,
so I wanted to get the RF parts of the system ready to carry a few more
channels.

In theory we will be able to receive the local TV muxes from Crosspool,
Emley Moor, and Bilsdale when they start, and although I don’t expect
the material broadcast to be riveting I thought it would be amusing in
an ironic way to have the channels available to watch.

This is the ‘head-end’ schematic.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014%20v02.pdf

This is the channel plan.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Jan%202014.pdf

I’ve had to ‘tippex over’ various parts of these pages, for security
reasons.

Here are some pictures.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...E/P1101149.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...E/P1101151.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...E/P1101152.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...E/P1101153.JPG

Irrelevant, but I found this on a shelf in the shed this morning.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...E/P1091148.JPG

Bill