Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double architrave switch - one cable

Hi all.
I want to add lighting to a built in cabinet.
I will spur off from a wall socket with 1mm sq cable.
Can I spur off with 1 length of this cable and bridge
from one set of terminals to the 2nd set inside the architrave switch?

Thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message
Hi all.
I want to add lighting to a built in cabinet.
I will spur off from a wall socket with 1mm sq cable.
Can I spur off with 1 length of this cable and bridge
from one set of terminals to the 2nd set inside the architrave switch?

If the spur from the socket is protected with a fused spur using a 3A or 5A
fuse - then YES.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 11:47:39 AM UTC, wrote:
wrote in message

Hi all.

I want to add lighting to a built in cabinet.

I will spur off from a wall socket with 1mm sq cable.

Can I spur off with 1 length of this cable and bridge

from one set of terminals to the 2nd set inside the architrave switch?

If the spur from the socket is protected with a fused spur using a 3A or 5A

fuse - then YES.

--

Adam

The Architrave Switch will be spurred directly off wall socket. There's no fuses inside the A/S.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Architrave Switch will be spurred directly off wall socket.
There's no fuses inside the A/S.

You *must* fuse down through a fused connection unit before cabling to the switch. The switch and lights will not be adequate for connecting to a 20A or 32A socket circuit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/01/2014 13:58, wrote:
The Architrave Switch will be spurred directly off wall socket. There's no fuses inside the A/S.

Then you need a fuse somewhere else.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message

Hi all.

I want to add lighting to a built in cabinet.

I will spur off from a wall socket with 1mm sq cable.

Can I spur off with 1 length of this cable and bridge

from one set of terminals to the 2nd set inside the architrave switch?

If the spur from the socket is protected with a fused spur using a 3A or
5A

fuse - then YES.

The Architrave Switch will be spurred directly off wall socket. There's no
fuses inside the A/S.

You need a fuse.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 11:31:35 AM UTC, wrote:
Hi all.
I want to add lighting to a built in cabinet.
I will spur off from a wall socket with 1mm sq cable.
Can I spur off with 1 length of this cable and bridge
from one set of terminals to the 2nd set inside the architrave switch?
Thanks.
Arthur

Yes of course. For a fuse you's usually use an FCU. I guess a mains plug feeding flex would also comply.

NT