Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Builders' Merchants

We have two Builders Merchants in our town, who supply the D-I-Y stuff
for the surrounding area. There is one Hardware store, but it's biased
towards kitchen-ware and picture-hanging.
So I wanted some tape for repairing plasterwork yesterday, Jewsons
is the easiest place to get to. Closed, at 3 pm, and so probably all
day. Ridgeons ditto.
If they are also closed today, how much stuff have they missed selling
on what I consider normal working days? Even the banks were open
yesterday. Even a skeleton staff to keep the counter manned would be
better than nothing.
Jewson's website gives no clue as to restricted hours for the holiday
period.

Grrr.

--
Davey.