Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Multi tool

Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:22:17 PM UTC, ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)

Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

You'll wonder how you did without it but it's twice the price of clones from Aldi etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2013 22:22, ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

It's one of those tools you don't use every day, but when you need it -
it's a life saver.

Bosch blades are an arm & a leg, check out Saxton Blades.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 04/12/2013 22:22, ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

It's one of those tools you don't use every day, but when you need it -
it's a life saver.

Bosch blades are an arm & a leg, check out Saxton Blades.

Agreed. I used one for the first time yesterday to cut away small
sections of skirting, architrave and carpet gripper ready to install
some built in cupboards. Excellent tool make easy work of this job.

SWMBO kept asking what I wanted for Christmas and I'd been umming and
ahhing about one of these. It turned up from screwfix (£99 for a blue
bosch one) on Monday just asking to be used.
I suppose I'll have to pack it away so she can wrap it for the 'big day'

Not an essential but a nice to have!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

I have a Fein mains and an Aldi cordless. Sadly, they don't use the same
blades. They are invaluable for some things. For example I recently fitted
a hard wood floor over an existing one - and didn't want those horrid
borders. Taking off the skirting to go underneath that was easy enough -
but round the door frames not. So I used the multi-tool to cut into the
frames then chiselled out a groove. Looks perfect.

--
*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

In ,
wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

I have a Fein mains and an Aldi cordless. Sadly, they don't use the same
blades. They are invaluable for some things. For example I recently fitted
a hard wood floor over an existing one - and didn't want those horrid
borders. Taking off the skirting to go underneath that was easy enough -
but round the door frames not. So I used the multi-tool to cut into the
frames then chiselled out a groove. Looks perfect.

I`ll stick it on my xmas list the although I better get a small job
lined up to prove it was needed :-)
What is it with women that any power tool thats electric is deemed to be
one and the same, according to her I have 5 circular saws (bench,
circular,chop saw,angle grinder and wet tile cutter) and I dont need
another one! And she is convinced I only buy another spanner because
its shinier than the one I have at home.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss put finger to keyboard:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...r/7111112.htm?

[...]

Can the multi tool you're looking at be used to polish spanners?

If so, excuse sorted!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ss wrote:
What is it with women that any power tool thats electric is deemed to be
one and the same, according to her I have 5 circular saws (bench,
circular,chop saw,angle grinder and wet tile cutter) and I dont need
another one! And she is convinced I only buy another spanner because
its shinier than the one I have at home.

Check how many pairs of shoes she has. That usually shuts her up. And
bread and cheese is quite tasty anyway.

--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2013 14:47, Scion wrote:
ss put finger to keyboard:

In ,
wrote:
[...]

I was going to suggest a *completely* different application. Silicone
would probably be involved.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2013 22:22, ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

Can they be used to carve the turkey?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:51:34 PM UTC, Adrian C wrote:
On 04/12/2013 22:22, ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

Get an aldi, £20 iirc

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

Can they be used to carve the turkey?

With a circlet blade a turkey could be disembowelled & shredded in 2 seconds

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They're very good for sanding too

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:50:06 -0800 (PST), Murmansk
wrote:

They're very good for sanding too

I have found that the fuzzy gripper on the backs of sanding triangles
soon gets vibrated to shreds so it does not stay on the tool head;
especially on any speed other than lowest.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 04/12/2013 22:22, ss wrote:
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present)
Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7111112.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:7915402127|tsid: 41259|cid:162030527|lid:46590045407|nw:g|crid:2967 3793847|rnd:13889579791317168465|dvc:c|adp:1o4

Dont have a use for it at the moment.

It's one of those tools you don't use every day, but when you need it -
it's a life saver.

Bosch blades are an arm & a leg, check out Saxton Blades.

Just picked up a blade set in Aldi today. 1 straight bi-metal saw, One
semi circular bi metal blade and a scraper blade plus 10 wood sanding
pads and 10 paint sanding pads for £9.99
Time will tell how well they last....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:39:32 PM UTC, ss wrote:
And she is convinced I only buy another spanner because
its shinier than the one I have at home.

[nod]

It's a problem when they know you too well isn't it?