Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stacking fridge and freezer

Is it possible, and do you need a special kit as you do with washing
machines?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2013 20:00, Vir Campestris wrote:
Is it possible, and do you need a special kit as you do with washing
machines?

??

I have stacked my fridge above my freezer.

No kit, just feet of fridge on the top of the freezer!

Have I committed some cardinal sin?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:40:51 +0000, Fredxxx wrote:

On 23/11/2013 20:00, Vir Campestris wrote:
Is it possible, and do you need a special kit as you do with washing
machines?

??

I have stacked my fridge above my freezer.

No kit, just feet of fridge on the top of the freezer!

Have I committed some cardinal sin?

Only if it's a chest freezer.

The weight of the fridge will distort the chassis of the freezer. Eventually
the door of the freezer will not close correctly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2013 20:57, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:40:51 +0000, Fredxxx wrote:

On 23/11/2013 20:00, Vir Campestris wrote:
Is it possible, and do you need a special kit as you do with washing
machines?

??

I have stacked my fridge above my freezer.

No kit, just feet of fridge on the top of the freezer!

Have I committed some cardinal sin?

Only if it's a chest freezer.

The weight of the fridge will distort the chassis of the freezer. Eventually
the door of the freezer will not close correctly.

I guess that would be dependent on the freezer.

So far my fridge has been on top of my freezer for over 3 years.

When do you think I should anticipate any problems of doors not closing
properly?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris writes:
Is it possible, and do you need a special kit as you do with washing
machines?

For units which permit it, a coupling kit is needed to prevent the
top unit falling on top of anyone who pulls on the open door.
Sometimes includes a seal to prevent air circulating in the gap
inbetween, where it can cause condensation to form a puddle.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2013 22:02, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris writes:
Is it possible, and do you need a special kit as you do with washing
machines?

For units which permit it, a coupling kit is needed to prevent the
top unit falling on top of anyone who pulls on the open door.
Sometimes includes a seal to prevent air circulating in the gap
inbetween, where it can cause condensation to form a puddle.

No doubt wise if you have small children or infirm relatives, but it
takes a fair pull to tip the one I have on top of a freezer. (It is a
fairly old and therefore heavy fridge, but the weight is well biassed
towards the bottom).