Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 6kg fire extinguishers @ Aldi

On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 02:39:29 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

Foam, Dry Powder, CO2, Water?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2013 10:39, wrote:
On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

What extinguishant?

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16/11/2013 10:39, wrote:
On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

What extinguishant?

i imagine powder as all their other ones have been,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2013 11:26, Gazz wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16/11/2013 10:39, wrote:
On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

What extinguishant?

i imagine powder as all their other ones have been,

What useage?

This site
http://www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/extinguishers
says that powder is unsuitable for offices and living accommodation.

And this youtube link suggests a small extinguisher may not help with
car fires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDIngnxr-w4

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2013 11:44, alan wrote:
On 16/11/2013 11:26, Gazz wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 16/11/2013 10:39, wrote:
On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

What extinguishant?

i imagine powder as all their other ones have been,

What useage?

This site
http://www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/extinguishers
says that powder is unsuitable for offices and living accommodation.

And this youtube link suggests a small extinguisher may not help with
car fires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDIngnxr-w4

When I did fire marshalling at a race track, we were under strict
instructions not to start attacking a fire until there were 2 x 9 litre
foam (to protect the driver) and 2 x 9kg dry powder extinguishers (to
attack the fire) ready to use. Anything less was not likely to work,
although I have seen 2 x 5kg CO2 successfully extinguish an engine fire
in a road car - both were needed.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:19:21 AM UTC, Nightjar wrote:
On 16/11/2013 10:39, wrote:

On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

What extinguishant?

I assume it has to be water at that price

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2013 10:39, wrote:

On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

What extinguishant?

I assume it has to be water at that price

NT

You would be wrong then. Dry powder. Easily checked by looking at
website.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan writes:

This site
http://www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/extinguishers
says that powder is unsuitable for offices and living accommodation.

Nor churches

http://www.solicitorsjournal.com/new...e-extinguisher
(the one I remembered and was googling for)

http://www.wthr.com/story/18765648/f...-county-church
(it's not the only one)

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

Probably a chav with too much fake tan on

--
Adam

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

Probably a chav with too much fake tan on

In Battersea? Even the Romas have X5s.

--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

Probably a chav with too much fake tan on

In Battersea? Even the Romas have X5s.

Not in of Sheffield.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24949347

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24909979

--
Adam

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

Probably a chav with too much fake tan on

In Battersea? Even the Romas have X5s.

Not in of Sheffield.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24949347

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24909979

Is that somewhere oop North?

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:47:14 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Not in of Sheffield.

Is that somewhere oop North?

Somewhere you can buy a baby for £250
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442...r-baby-for-250

and a 2-bed terrace for £30k. You can get 2 or 3 families in that.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

Probably a chav with too much fake tan on

In Battersea? Even the Romas have X5s.

Not in of Sheffield.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24949347

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24909979

Is that somewhere oop North?

Well it's south of Scotland:-)

When I was in Slovakia and the Czech Republic I was told that they were a
bunch of lazy alcoholics (the Roma not the Scots) and that under communism
if they did not work they were jailed. All the Slovaks and Czech hated them
with a passion. Plus the usual stories about incest etc

--
Adam

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:24:24 +0000, (Alan J. Wylie)
wrote:

Nor churches

http://www.solicitorsjournal.com/new...e-extinguisher
(the one I remembered and was googling for)

What the hell were they cleaning it with - a battalion of midgets, all
armed with toothpicks, picking up each grain of extinguishant
individually and carefully wrapping it in gold leaf?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 10:38:45 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

Red body with a blue band. Probably made in Israel but should work as long
as the pressure gauge is in the green.
It is not unknown for them to lose pressure.

Is that because the end gets cut off?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:42:00 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:

I assume it has to be water at that price

The picture on the website shows them saying powder.

Better than marching powder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Nor churches

http://www.solicitorsjournal.com/new...e-extinguisher
(the one I remembered and was googling for)

What the hell were they cleaning it with - a battalion of midgets, all
armed with toothpicks, picking up each grain of extinguishant
individually and carefully wrapping it in gold leaf?

http://fire.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4781.0 says that the organ had
to be dismantled and scaffolding was necessary to reach high level
ledges.

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Nor churches

http://www.solicitorsjournal.com/new...e-extinguisher
(the one I remembered and was googling for)

What the hell were they cleaning it with - a battalion of midgets, all
armed with toothpicks, picking up each grain of extinguishant
individually and carefully wrapping it in gold leaf?

http://fire.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4781.0 says that the organ had
to be dismantled and scaffolding was necessary to reach high level
ledges.

And noticed that it was the insurers who bought the case, not the vicar.

In which case, the insurers really outght to know about these things and
perhaps have suggested the use of foam...