Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for very long ladder (or similar)

Rather odd task.
I need to temporarily span a distance of 32ft (approx. 9.75m). Temporarily
being about 6 months!
Whatever I use has to be fairly lightweight, single span and minimal sag. It
can only be supported by 2" at each end.
A very long ladder would do the job but an extending ladder would be no use.
Has to be single span. I suppose I could join 2 aluminium or wooden ladders
together.
Intended usage is to support a very lightweight item from end to end but
10ft above ground. It's important that this is kept as flat as poss. Item
would fit nicely between the uprights of a ladder.
Can't tell you the exact purpose as I don't know. Suffice to say that it's
to do with a uni project that my kids are working on. Of course cost is a
major consideration.
Any ideas please?
Thanks,
Nick.

Ladder Stabilizer For Extension Ladder Question Robert11 Home Repair 16 October 18th 14 01:07 PM
Extra long coach bolts, or similar Bert Coules UK diy 34 September 4th 13 03:06 PM
Leaf Guard & Similar Steve Kraus Home Repair 11 May 13th 12 02:53 AM
KVM over cat 5 or similar Gazz UK diy 13 December 26th 11 09:46 PM
WTB HAKKO 936 OR SIMILAR justme[_2_] Electronic Schematics 0 April 24th 11 08:49 PM