Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default IT OT - ad blockers and browsers

I'm in a lose/lose situation at the moment.

I was a long term user of Firefox but recently it has become unstable, and
crashes running such things as Will It Rain Today.

So I switched to Chrome as my default browser.

However AdBlock Plus in Chrome isn't as effective as it is in Firefox -
although I seem to have a Pop-up Addon in Firefox which I can't currently
find for Chrome.

I have a simple test - Met Office 5 day weather forecast shows a banner ad
under Chrome but not under Firefox.

So is there something which will bring Chrome up to the level of Firefox
for ad blocking?

Is there something for IE?

Currently on Vista 32 bit.

Cheers

Dave R

Browsers OT Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 43 September 20th 13 09:10 PM
Too_Many_Moms to start receiving hormone blockers WangoTango Metalworking 0 October 20th 11 06:20 PM
OT Browsers OT Steve B[_4_] Metalworking 32 March 12th 10 07:55 PM
Spam Blockers - The Best Way To Kill Spam?(spam blockers) [email protected] Woodworking 6 March 26th 08 12:18 PM
javascript for different browsers [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 June 22nd 07 09:18 PM