Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default waste pipe adaptor

Hi gang,

Is there such a beast as this?

I need an adaptor to convert from a push-fit 1.25" waste elbow to a 1.25"
solvent waste elbow. So basically the connector I'm looking for will be
essentially a solvent waste coupler with one end of slightly wider
diameter than the other. Couldn't find anything like it in BnQ yesterday.
Any constructive ideas?

cheers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Universal compression elbows?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/10/2013 13:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hi gang,

Is there such a beast as this?

I need an adaptor to convert from a push-fit 1.25" waste elbow to a 1.25"
solvent waste elbow. So basically the connector I'm looking for will be
essentially a solvent waste coupler with one end of slightly wider
diameter than the other. Couldn't find anything like it in BnQ yesterday.
Any constructive ideas?

cheers.

You can get a multi fit compression connector, but you need to go to a
proper plumbers merchant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/10/2013 13:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hi gang,

Is there such a beast as this?

I need an adaptor to convert from a push-fit 1.25" waste elbow to a 1.25"
solvent waste elbow. So basically the connector I'm looking for will be
essentially a solvent waste coupler with one end of slightly wider
diameter than the other. Couldn't find anything like it in BnQ yesterday.
Any constructive ideas?

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing-...297?icamp=recs

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum.../sd2884/p22786

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:18:31 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

You can get a multi fit compression connector, but you need to go to a
proper plumbers merchant.

Hmm. They're a bit ugly, though, aren't they? The position is highly
visible where it has to go, so I'd like it to look as slim and
unobtrusive as possible...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 13:51:33 +0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:18:31 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

You can get a multi fit compression connector, but you need to go to a
proper plumbers merchant.

Hmm. They're a bit ugly, though, aren't they? The position is highly
visible where it has to go, so I'd like it to look as slim and
unobtrusive as possible...

Depending on the material, it's possible to shrink-fit one pipe over
another with judicious use of heat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 12:22:30 on Sun, 13 Oct
2013, Cursitor Doom remarked:
I need an adaptor to convert from a push-fit 1.25" waste elbow to a 1.25"
solvent waste elbow. So basically the connector I'm looking for will be
essentially a solvent waste coupler with one end of slightly wider
diameter than the other. Couldn't find anything like it in BnQ yesterday.
Any constructive ideas?

I had the same problem, and couldn't find anything (even from
non-sheds). None of them could get their head round why anyone would be
wanting to make a joint between the two different systems. I solved it
with a gadget from Screwfix, which was in effect a three inch rubber
hose with a screw clip (very appropriate) each end. It was quite
expensive, but was delaying the job.

[For some reason I can't find it again, online; it was a smaller version
of this: http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-adaptor/19914]
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I eventually scored via ebay! Not cheap, though. Five quid a piece!
Still, it would have cost me more in time alone if I'd have had to make
one up from an ally alloy billet on the lathe, so mustn't grumble!

BSP waste adaptor? Tim W[_2_] UK diy 3 October 22nd 09 06:56 PM
waste adaptor alison UK diy 0 May 20th 08 05:18 PM
WC overflow going into a sink waste-pipe, soil pipe or shower cubicle? James B UK diy 14 May 19th 07 02:06 PM
Adaptor needed for basin waste Andy Hall UK diy 9 October 23rd 06 05:40 PM
sink waste washing machine adaptor Ben Da Menda UK diy 3 November 2nd 05 09:16 PM