Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson challenges EU ruling on his hoover's energy efficiency ratings

Never mind his cleaners are heavy, expensive and foreign made ****

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10...energy_rating/

"...Dyson said that testing its vacuum cleaners in an empty lab wouldn't
take into consideration their bagless design, which means they don't get
clogged up with dust the way other hoovers do..."

Yet again he conveniently ignores the dyson filters which do clog up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2013 15:58, Artic wrote:

Never mind his cleaners are heavy, expensive and foreign made ****

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10...energy_rating/

"...Dyson said that testing its vacuum cleaners in an empty lab wouldn't
take into consideration their bagless design, which means they don't get
clogged up with dust the way other hoovers do..."

Yet again he conveniently ignores the dyson filters which do clog up.

The filters are PITA, need changing with monotonous frequency and are
expensive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:27:12 +0100, Broadback wrote:

The filters are PITA, need changing with monotonous frequency and are
expensive.

I just wash it under the tap. When I remember, about once a year...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/9/2013 3:58 PM, Artic wrote:

Never mind his cleaners are heavy, expensive and foreign made ****

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10...energy_rating/

"...Dyson said that testing its vacuum cleaners in an empty lab wouldn't
take into consideration their bagless design, which means they don't get
clogged up with dust the way other hoovers do..."

Does Mr Dyson actually call his machine a hoover?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

As do most makes. However, Having only recently tried a Dysan, it does seem
to work better then the Vax I have for the same power rating and both are
bagless.
I think Vacuum cleaning is an imprecise art at the best of times so who
knows.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Artic" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

Never mind his cleaners are heavy, expensive and foreign made ****

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10...energy_rating/

"...Dyson said that testing its vacuum cleaners in an empty lab wouldn't
take into consideration their bagless design, which means they don't get
clogged up with dust the way other hoovers do..."

Yet again he conveniently ignores the dyson filters which do clog up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:

As do most makes. However, Having only recently tried a Dysan, it does
seem to work better then the Vax I have for the same power rating and
both are bagless.

But how long will it continue working? The performance seems to be good,
but the build quality rubbish.

I have a 20 year old Panasonic upright with bags. All it has ever had is
new bags and a couple of drive belts. Despite there being a long haired
dog in the house for much of the time.

--
*IS THERE ANOTHER WORD FOR SYNONYM?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The only Hoover I ever tried fell apart after about three months.
I replaced it with a Mercedes. It's been working perfectly for
20+ years now.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled...

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:

As do most makes. However, Having only recently tried a Dysan, it does
seem to work better then the Vax I have for the same power rating and
both are bagless.

But how long will it continue working? The performance seems to be good,
but the build quality rubbish.

I have a 20 year old Panasonic upright with bags. All it has ever had is
new bags and a couple of drive belts. Despite there being a long haired
dog in the house for much of the time.

I've got a Hoover Junior in the shed - must be 50 years old and still
does the job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 15:58:50 UTC+1, Artic wrote:

"...Dyson said that testing its vacuum cleaners in an empty lab wouldn't

take into consideration their bagless design"

His commercials never show the machines being emptied, as that would reveal that they are not at all 'bagless', as the only non-hazardous way to empty the cylinder is directly into a bin liner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 10 October 2013 12:27:12 UTC+1, Tim Streater wrote:

I have a 20 year old Panasonic upright with bags. All it has ever had is
new bags and a couple of drive belts. Despite there being a long haired
dog in the house for much of the time.

So how does this differ from my DC01 that is 19 years old, has needed
some work on the mains cable and a new hose?

I think it is more the case that the old(er) Dysons were indeed of very high quality but it is in more recent years that the quality has dropped.

You might argue that something similar has occurred with other brands also but I'm not hearing that it is quite to the same extent.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 October 2013 09:28:56 UTC+1, Tim Streater wrote:
Gosh amazing. Me, I just empty the Dysons onto the carpet. Or outside

facing into the wind whenever it blows hard, like yesterday.

Perhaps you should leave the domestic chores to your carers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

Gosh amazing. Me, I just empty the Dysons onto the carpet. Or outside
facing into the wind whenever it blows hard, like yesterday.

You may jest. Back in the 50s, my parents' cylinder vacuum
cleaner had a permanent fabric bag. To empty it you removed the
end cap, upturned the whole thing onto a sheet of paper and then
trod a few times on a lever. This tensioned and then released a
spring to shake the bag and dislodge the dust.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.