Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody fly

For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking DerbyBorn wrote :
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

Are you sure its the same one? We had one in each downstairs room last
week.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
AC AC is offline

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking DerbyBorn wrote :
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

Are you sure its the same one? We had one in each downstairs room last
week.

I doubt yours and his are the same.

--
AC
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn writes:
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

Carnivorous plants sort that problem. Never see any flies in the
house now - the plants eat them.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

You can still get sticky fly papers.
You can count them & see if it's the same one or not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain used his keyboard to write :
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

You can still get sticky fly papers.
You can count them & see if it's the same one or not.

We bought one of those electronic attracter/ zppers a few years ago, it
has yet to kill a single fly.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, October 7, 2013 9:52:23 AM UTC+13, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

We bought one of those electronic attracter/ zppers a few years ago, it
has yet to kill a single fly.

I have a couple of those tennis racquet shaped zappers. They work very well on moths that seem immune to flyspray. The flies are a bit faster - the ones I miss with the zapper succumb to the spray.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 14:12:12 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
wrote:

----------------8
I have a couple of those tennis racquet shaped zappers. They work very well on moths that seem immune to flyspray. The flies are a bit faster - the ones I miss with the zapper succumb to the spray.

You stand a better chance when they - the flies - land on the window.

The forehand smash is deprecated in this situation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2013 21:52, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
harryagain used his keyboard to write :
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

You can still get sticky fly papers.
You can count them & see if it's the same one or not.

We bought one of those electronic attracter/ zppers a few years ago, it
has yet to kill a single fly.

I was going to say I have one of the Maplins zappers for the kitchen,
two 15" UV tubes, double sided. It sits on top of a tall fridge freezer
and only gets switched on when required, but seems to get anything
within ten minutes or so. Slightly smokey sometimes, either keep the
extractor on or use it to clear the room a bit before you want to use it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
harryagain used his keyboard to write :
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
For over 24 hours I have had a fly buzzing me.

Where on earth do they get the energy to keep flying up and down the
lounge, into the kitchen, then the dining room and back?

You can still get sticky fly papers.
You can count them & see if it's the same one or not.

We bought one of those electronic attracter/ zppers a few years ago, it
has yet to kill a single fly.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

We have had onw for years.
They need to be used at night with the lights turned off so the light
attracts the flies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 07:08:06 +0100, harryagain wrote:

We bought one of those electronic attracter/ zppers a few years

ago, it
has yet to kill a single fly.

They need to be used at night with the lights turned off so the light
attracts the flies.

What drivel.

Our cheapy would zap flies any time of day or night but not *all*
flies, some aren't attracted to the light.

What you do have to be aware of is that large flies have a tendancy
to explode and spread bits of themselves several feet from the
zapper. Don't place it above a food preparation area...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Bloody snow ARW UK diy 34 March 26th 13 10:48 AM
Ow ! Bloody OW !!! Arfa Daily UK diy 18 August 21st 12 01:45 PM
Bloody weather! HLAH UK diy 5 January 21st 07 11:18 PM
Bloody B&Q again [email protected] UK diy 9 October 20th 06 09:24 AM
Bloody foxes Weatherlawyer UK diy 25 September 9th 06 09:50 PM