Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default electric showers

Hello,

I want to install an electric shower in a new en-suite in a garden annex. Can anyone recommend, or steer me away, from any makes/models?

Apart from the looks and any reputations, I presume I should be looking for maximum power (10.5 kW?)and a head with good shower force. But ability to withstand limescale will also count.

Cheers.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No such thing as ability to stand lime. My neighbour has been through
several in recent years and has now gone over to a hot tank and pump I
believe.

Which makes me wonder, is limescale actually getting worse, I'm sure it has
to be.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
Hello,

I want to install an electric shower in a new en-suite in a garden annex.
Can anyone recommend, or steer me away, from any makes/models?

Apart from the looks and any reputations, I presume I should be looking
for maximum power (10.5 kW?)and a head with good shower force. But ability
to withstand limescale will also count.

Cheers.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:28:52 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

No such thing as ability to stand lime. My neighbour has been through
several in recent years and has now gone over to a hot tank and pump I
believe.

Which makes me wonder, is limescale actually getting worse, I'm sure it has
to be.
Brian

Not round here it isn't (Manchester), but the supermarket shelves are
still full of dishwasher salt, and descaling products, and as somebody
commented here a few days ago, supermarkets don't stock things that
don't sell, so I wonder who buys it?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 00:51:29 +0100, Graham. wrote:

Which makes me wonder, is limescale actually getting worse, I'm

sure
it has to be.

Not round here it isn't (Manchester),

Manchester City gets a lot of it's water from the Lake District
(Thirlmere Reservoir) but not sure that all of (Greater) Manchester
does.

Our water has improved, used to come from an adit in limestone up on
the hillside about 1/2 a mile away, it was a bit hard but not
excessive, nice pure white scale. Unlike St Albans which was hard and
the kettle deposits were all manner of blues and greens... A few
years back they laid in a new 6" main from Burnhope Reservoir our
water is now soft and clean, just a very vaugue hint of peat, ie the
kettle will take on a thin film of somthing brown after a year or so.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vir Campestris wrote:

But how are you going to get that much power over there? 10.5kW is about
45 amps, you'll need a lot of fat cable.

Just put a few solar panels on the roof. Simples.

Bill

Electric showers Chris S[_3_] UK diy 7 July 19th 12 04:01 PM
Electric showers Dave R UK diy 4 April 5th 06 07:54 PM
Electric Showers John UK diy 4 October 31st 04 08:58 AM
Electric Showers Simon A UK diy 3 May 18th 04 12:42 PM
Electric Showers Tony Collins UK diy 10 July 10th 03 03:42 PM