Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kingfisher extends graduate programme for 2013

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16867

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

That's B&Q totally ****ed then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't
people talk clearly any more?

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/2013 18:37, Scott M wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't
people talk clearly any more?

Quite. I think you mean having a shop that's overpriced & doesn't have
what you want & a web site that's useless. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't
people talk clearly any more?

Quite. I think you mean having a shop that's overpriced & doesn't have
what you want & a web site that's useless. :-)

;-) Mind you, B&Q is still miles ahead of Homebase and long gone Great
Mills, Texas, DoItAll (and any others I've forgotten.)

--
Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't
people talk clearly any more?

Quite. I think you mean having a shop that's overpriced & doesn't
have what you want & a web site that's useless. :-)

;-) Mind you, B&Q is still miles ahead of Homebase and long gone Great
Mills, Texas, DoItAll (and any others I've forgotten.)

Wasn't Great Mills actually Focus in the end?

(I picked up a few bargains in the closing down sale)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I like the way many sites tell you where an item still is in stock,
supposedly near you but its usually not anywhere near you and if you go
there they have not got it.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
The Medway Handyman wrote:

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't
people talk clearly any more?

Quite. I think you mean having a shop that's overpriced & doesn't have
what you want & a web site that's useless. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't
people talk clearly any more?

Quite. I think you mean having a shop that's overpriced & doesn't have
what you want & a web site that's useless. :-)

Perhaps they are meaning more than shop + website. B&Q ladies (or
gentlemen) coming round to show you their latest products in your home?
B&Q coffee mornings where the local representative pushes your arm way
up your back to make you buy at least something? B&Q vans doomed to
circle the country forever stopping off to deliver or demonstrate their
products? B&Q cold-callers frapping our front doors and offering their
special offer daffodils to plant in the garden covered by B&Q concrete
paving.

Phew! Sorry folk, must have had a nightmare...

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, September 6, 2013 5:49:51 PM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and
how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

"d'you want batteries with that?"

Owain

Help with Graduate please outofthewoods Woodturning 3 June 7th 06 11:35 PM
Help with Graduate please outofthewoods Woodturning 2 May 29th 06 09:39 AM
radio programme gentlegreen UK diy 0 May 11th 06 03:45 PM
WTB in UK Union Graduate spares. jamesy Woodturning 0 February 18th 06 12:39 PM
Graduate spindle flats jez Woodturning 1 June 5th 05 01:04 AM