Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Photo beam to trigger relay

Looking for recommendations on a simple photo-electric beam that works with a reflector which I can wire up to a relay. This would be for use in the front yard to detect intruders.

I currently use a Steinel and Redwall PIRs that trigger the relays and the relays in turn trigger the relevant CCTV cameras. These have worked well with the exception of one location where the PIR gets triggered (and eventually burned out)by direct sunlight or indirect sunlight reflected off windows.. This is particularly bad early morning and late afternoon. Positioning choices are very limited for various reasons hence I am looking at going down the route of photo-electric beams.
InfraRed ones appear expensive and need to be wired at both ends - hence my initial preference is for a combined transmitter/receiver in conjunction with a passive reflector.

Any input would be gratefully received.