Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to join rainwater pipe to rainwater pipe cut off at ground level.

Hi All,

Some time ago I removed a short section of rainwater pipe (approx 8-10 inches) in order to fit a retrofit plastic above ground grid thingy. I may have to reverse this in order to make our replacement single skin oil tank Oftec compliant (thus avoiding the cost of a bunded tank).

What is the best way to go about this? Will there be a suitable fitting to join (in an oil tight manner to the cut off bit thats buried in the ground? Or can I butt join them and seal (perhaps silicon followed by a mortar fillet?)

TIA

Chris

Combi condensate pipe to rainwater downpipe. aberdeen UK diy 5 August 12th 10 09:45 PM
How to Join Galvinized Pipe to Copper Pipe? Tom[_18_] Home Repair 16 August 3rd 08 01:13 PM
Should a sink outlet run into the rainwater/gutter system or into the toilet sewage pipe 405 TD Estate UK diy 3 November 5th 07 09:56 AM
rainwater harvesting dave UK diy 0 February 14th 07 08:58 PM
Leak at plastic soil pipe to clay soil pipe join Darren UK diy 2 October 12th 04 09:49 PM