Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default How to join rainwater pipe to rainwater pipe cut off at ground level.

Hi All,

Some time ago I removed a short section of rainwater pipe (approx 8-10 inches) in order to fit a retrofit plastic above ground grid thingy. I may have to reverse this in order to make our replacement single skin oil tank Oftec compliant (thus avoiding the cost of a bunded tank).

What is the best way to go about this? Will there be a suitable fitting to join (in an oil tight manner to the cut off bit thats buried in the ground? Or can I butt join them and seal (perhaps silicon followed by a mortar fillet?)

TIA

Chris