Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default crazed digital camera screen

My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2013 22:13, Jim Hawkins wrote:
My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

Jim Hawkins

OK the very first one on eBay is in the States

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANON-SD70... em33581292cc

but it's usually easy enough to find phone and laptop screens, don't see
why cameras should be different. Google and/or YouTube should also find
you helpful instructions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2013 22:13, Jim Hawkins wrote:
My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

Jim Hawkins

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...+screen/5662/1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 17/08/2013 22:13, Jim Hawkins wrote:
My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

Jim Hawkins

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...+screen/5662/1

Magic ! Thanks Dennis !

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought a faulty canon off the bay, lens stuck and used the screen to fix my canon. Two years later I used the flash unit from the donor too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fs...S+faulty&rt=nc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2013 08:59, Jim Hawkins wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 17/08/2013 22:13, Jim Hawkins wrote:
My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

Jim Hawkins

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...+screen/5662/1

Magic ! Thanks Dennis !

Jim Hawkins

Also Google for Youtube Cannon SD700 LCD replacement - there are some
videos for this camera and similar models.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 22:13:51 +0100, "Jim Hawkins"
wrote:

My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

Certainly; all depends on the economics of it. It's new enough that
Canon will still be supplying spares and the Canon-approved repair
centres not charging an arm and one of your legs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 22:13:51 +0100, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:

My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now
shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass,
the digital screen behind the glass.
Can it be replaced ?

possibly you could find a buggerd one on ebay and buy it for parts. i've done that with a few things
like nintendo dswhatevers. there are a few us websites that do 'tear downs' i think they call them.
you may find one that'll help you. maybe this will be of some use:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Disassem...00+Lens/5659/1

Jim Hawkins

--

mhm x v i x i i i