Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Battery Technology ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-i-Lion...em3cd33 dd3fc
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2013 10:59, fred wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-i-Lion...em3cd33 dd3fc

I don't get what's new, fred. Li-ion batteries, aren't they?

I recently bought a device that is in some ways just a battery but has
around ten times the capacity (13000 mAh) for not much more than double
the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CTK6SLE

But it has USB output and is not device-specific. That allows me to
charge phones, cameras, iPads, etc. Anything that charges from USB.
Actually, almost any two things. (For example, won't charge two iPads at
once.)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum writes:

On 04/08/2013 10:59, fred wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-i-Lion...em3cd33 dd3fc

I don't get what's new, fred. Li-ion batteries, aren't they?

So you reckon the Lion part is just marketing speak?

--
JĂłn Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2012-10-07)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jon Fairbairn" wrote in message
polygonum writes:

On 04/08/2013 10:59, fred wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-i-Lion...em3cd33 dd3fc

I don't get what's new, fred. Li-ion batteries, aren't they?

So you reckon the Lion part is just marketing speak?

No, just someone who doesn't understand what the actual term really means
(which is likely to be most people - in the sense of almost 100% rather than
more than 50%)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2013 11:10, polygonum wrote:
On 04/08/2013 10:59, fred wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-i-Lion...em3cd33 dd3fc

I don't get what's new, fred. Li-ion batteries, aren't they?

I recently bought a device that is in some ways just a battery but has
around ten times the capacity (13000 mAh) for not much more than double
the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CTK6SLE

But it has USB output and is not device-specific. That allows me to
charge phones, cameras, iPads, etc. Anything that charges from USB.
Actually, almost any two things. (For example, won't charge two iPads at
once.)

Those things are pretty good - I've got a 5000 mAh one, and it charged
my iphone twice from flat.

--
Cheers, Rob

“Pessimism of the spirit; optimism of the will” Antonio Gramsci

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2013 09:30, Jon Fairbairn wrote:
So you reckon the Lion part is just marketing speak?

i-Lion seems to be the brand name. Couldn't be confusing could it?

Andy

ot technology: sal[_2_] Woodworking 174 September 3rd 12 12:25 PM
Old fashioned car battery charger technology [email protected] UK diy 53 September 16th 07 12:23 PM
Semi OT Battery Technology Leon Woodworking 4 June 15th 07 06:58 AM
Battery operated tools and appropriate technology Tom Watson Woodworking 28 January 9th 07 02:58 AM
Technology Changes Thinking, Can Your Thinking Change Technology? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 24th 06 07:56 AM