Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT New offshore wind farm

Go ahead given for world's biggest offshore wind farm in Lincolnshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...colnshire.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah, great for a giant marine game of pinball!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"harryagain" wrote in message
Go ahead given for world's biggest offshore wind farm in Lincolnshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...colnshire.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:04:17 +0100, harryagain wrote:

Go ahead given for world's biggest offshore wind farm in Lincolnshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urbines-built-

Lincolnshire.html

Q: If the entire land mass of the UK was today covered in wind-subsidy farms, how much percentage of the
total elecricity demand would they generate?

A: very very little indeed.

Q: Then why waste all this money?

A: .....

--
Terry Fields
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Terry Fields wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:04:17 +0100, harryagain wrote:

Go ahead given for world's biggest offshore wind farm in
Lincolnshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urbines-built-
Lincolnshire.html

Q: If the entire land mass of the UK was today covered in
wind-subsidy farms, how much percentage of the total elecricity
demand would they generate?

A: very very little indeed.

Q: Then why waste all this money?

A: .....

I have been working in Lincolonshire this week. It's a **** hole.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote:

Go ahead given for world's biggest offshore wind farm in Lincolnshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...colnshire.html

At least it should prevent Donald Trump from building a golf complex
on that part of the coast. I can't see any other benefit, though.

---
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and you would
be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and remove all the
connecting cables.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Terry Fields" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:04:17 +0100, harryagain wrote:

Go ahead given for world's biggest offshore wind farm in Lincolnshire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urbines-built-

Lincolnshire.html

Q: If the entire land mass of the UK was today covered in wind-subsidy
farms, how much percentage of the
total elecricity demand would they generate?

A: very very little indeed.

Q: Then why waste all this money?

A: .....

--
Terry Fields

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and you
would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and remove all
the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:12:39 +0100
"mark" wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and
you would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and
remove all the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

mark

I was going to comment that they had better wait until there is no
current flowing, but that may not be a problem.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/07/2013 18:12, mark wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and you
would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and remove all
the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

Their usual technique to steal underground cable is to tie it to the
back of a lorry and drive off. Be interesting to see them try that at sea.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:25:10 +0100
Nightjar wrote:

On 14/07/2013 18:12, mark wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and
you would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and
remove all the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

Their usual technique to steal underground cable is to tie it to the
back of a lorry and drive off. Be interesting to see them try that at
sea.

Colin Bignell

The maritime equivalent of pulling the plug out? VERY interesting!

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Davey
writes
Nightjar wrote:

On 14/07/2013 18:12, mark wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and
you would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and
remove all the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

Their usual technique to steal underground cable is to tie it to the
back of a lorry and drive off. Be interesting to see them try that at
sea.

Colin Bignell

The maritime equivalent of pulling the plug out? VERY interesting!

Sorry guv. We was just fishing. Didn't realise the anchor would drag if
we left the engine running....

That explosive spike? Found it lying about somewhere and thought it
might come in handy if we caught a really big fish..

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/07/2013 20:25, Nightjar wrote:
On 14/07/2013 18:12, mark wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out and you
would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and remove all
the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

Their usual technique to steal underground cable is to tie it to the
back of a lorry and drive off. Be interesting to see them try that at sea.

You might find you suddenly have 200 onshore windmills ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/07/2013 18:12, mark wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Presumably there is some EU or govenment dosh being handed out
and you would be daft not to get into the queue.

I'm waiting for the marine salvagers to sneek up at night and
remove all the connecting cables.

Pikeys with snorkels and cutters?

Their usual technique to steal underground cable is to tie it to the
back of a lorry and drive off. Be interesting to see them try that
at sea.

You might find you suddenly have 200 onshore windmills ;-)

And the journey from one to the other turns them into a water-wheel.
--
Davey.