Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problems with a whirlpool S20E fridge/freezer

This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started
winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's
about 8 years old.
Any suggestions for what might be going wrong, and for how to get into
the electronics compartment?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"unknown" wrote in message
This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started
winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's
about 8 years old.
Any suggestions for what might be going wrong, and for how to get into the
electronics compartment?

With respects.
If you don't even know how to access the pcb you will stand no chance of
repairing it.
Tiss time to call in the repair man.
Sorry ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/2013 20:55, Mr Pounder wrote:
"unknown" wrote in message
This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started
winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's
about 8 years old.
Any suggestions for what might be going wrong, and for how to get into the
electronics compartment?

With respects.
If you don't even know how to access the pcb you will stand no chance of
repairing it.
Tiss time to call in the repair man.
Sorry ......

I have no doubts about my ability to repair this but someone who has
already found their way in to one will be able to save me a lot of time
looking for whatever strange fixings have been used. A link to a diagram
would be useful too.
The "repair man" will need to look elsewhere for income, I'm afraid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"unknown" wrote in message
This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started
winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's
about 8 years old.
Any suggestions for what might be going wrong, and for how to get into
the
electronics compartment?

With respects.
If you don't even know how to access the pcb you will stand no chance of
repairing it.
Tiss time to call in the repair man.
Sorry ......

I have no doubts about my ability to repair this but someone who has
already found their way in to one will be able to save me a lot of time
looking for whatever strange fixings have been used. A link to a diagram
would be useful too.
The "repair man" will need to look elsewhere for income, I'm afraid.

The pcb panel will probably just prise off using a sharp kitchen knife. Look
for the inconspicuous joint.
I suspect that it may be trying to tell you something. Are your temperatures
okay?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/2013 20:31 unknown wrote:

This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started
winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's
about 8 years old.
Any suggestions for what might be going wrong, and for how to get into
the electronics compartment?

Lots of speedy and pertinent help at
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forums...freezer-forum/