Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Remaking my front steps

After 20 years my old front steps that I made out of bits of hardwood from old pallets have now rotted:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rr5ffo.jpg

In NZ we have pinus radiata that can be treated to last in the ground almost for ever by using nasty chemicals that other countries probably ban.
I have remade the steps using H4 radiata:
http://i40.tinypic.com/14cvb6u.jpg

This time I did them properly, using a router for the stringers and screwing everything together with stainless steel screws.
The stringers are wider at the bottom so there are some complicated angles!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matty F wrote:
After 20 years my old front steps that I made out of bits of hardwood
from old pallets have now rotted:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rr5ffo.jpg

In NZ we have pinus radiata that can be treated to last in the ground
almost for ever by using nasty chemicals that other countries probably ban.
I have remade the steps using H4 radiata:
http://i40.tinypic.com/14cvb6u.jpg

This time I did them properly, using a router for the stringers and
screwing everything together with stainless steel screws.
The stringers are wider at the bottom so there are some complicated angles!

Very nice! Front garden could do with a tidy though. ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2013 11:13, Matty F wrote:
After 20 years my old front steps that I made out of bits of hardwood from old pallets have now rotted:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rr5ffo.jpg

In NZ we have pinus radiata that can be treated to last in the ground almost for ever by using nasty chemicals that other countries probably ban.
I have remade the steps using H4 radiata:
http://i40.tinypic.com/14cvb6u.jpg

Nice job (as always)!

This time I did them properly, using a router for the stringers and screwing everything together with stainless steel screws.
The stringers are wider at the bottom so there are some complicated angles!

At first I thought it was just a wide angle shot, but I see what you mean.

--
Cheers,

John.