Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC Makita deal.

Looks pretty good with free postage. But Ni-Cads? Hope they haven't been
lying in a store for years.

http://cpc.farnell.com/makita/8391dwpetk/drill-combi-bit-set-18v/dp/TL1412664?Ntt=TL1412664&CMP=NLem1

--
*Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Looks pretty good with free postage. But Ni-Cads? Hope they haven't been
lying in a store for years.

http://cpc.farnell.com/makita/8391dwpetk/drill-combi-bit-set-18v/dp/TL1412664?Ntt=TL1412664&CMP=NLem1

I picked up one of these about a year ago, close to a ton with VAT I
think. It's been fine and the tools are pretty good quality as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 24, 5:59*pm, newshound wrote:

Looks pretty good with free postage. But Ni-Cads? Hope they haven't been
lying in a store for years.

http://cpc.farnell.com/makita/8391dwpetk/drill-combi-bit-set-18v/dp/T....

I picked up one of these about a year ago, close to a ton with VAT I
think. It's been fine and the tools are pretty good quality as well.

yup
without tool kit they are abt £99 regularly in B&Q et al.

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:10:35 -0700 (PDT), Jim K
wrote:

without tool kit they are abt £99 regularly in B&Q et al.

The tool kit alone sells for 20quid - which is pretty good value
anyway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Jim K wrote:
On May 24, 5:59 pm, newshound wrote:

Looks pretty good with free postage. But Ni-Cads? Hope they haven't
been lying in a store for years.

http://cpc.farnell.com/makita/8391dwpetk/drill-combi-bit-set-18v/dp/T...

I picked up one of these about a year ago, close to a ton with VAT I
think. It's been fine and the tools are pretty good quality as well.

yup without tool kit they are abt £99 regularly in B&Q et al.

With two batteries?

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 May 2013 16:20:28 +0100 Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
Looks pretty good with free postage. But Ni-Cads? Hope they haven't been
lying in a store for years.

http://cpc.farnell.com/makita/8391dwpetk/drill-combi-bit-set-18v/dp/TL1412664?Ntt=TL1412664&CMP=NLem1

Looks pretty decent for the price. A year or so back I bought a cheaper
18v Makita drill for a small job thinking I could extend my kit later.
It turns out (here) that most Makita 18v tools will only work with the
1.5 or 3.0AH batteries, not the ones that came in my kit (1.1 LIon
without checking). I've ended up starting again with new batteries and
charger as to have the cordless circular saw - planer and multi-tool
to follow. $100 extra on a better drill in the first place would have
saved me twice this and more down the line.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes

Jim K