Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom floor grout

Ok, There is one area of the bathroom grout(one tile) that has cracked.
I don't want to lift it at the moment, as SWIMBO is thinking that she
would like it all changed!

The tile moves slightly when I stand on it, so this is what has caused
the grout to crack.

Can anyone recommend some sort of flexible grout, or is it likely I
could squirt some thing into the gap that the grout was in, that would
run under the tile and stop it moving.

Its only for as long as I can put her off replacing whole bathroom
floor, the nicer I can get it, the longer I can go without replacing it.
--
yendor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 23, 6:57*pm, yendor wrote:
Ok, There is one area of the bathroom grout(one tile) that has cracked.
I don't want to lift it at the moment, as SWIMBO is thinking that she
would like it all changed!

The tile moves slightly when I stand on it, so this is what has caused
the grout to crack.

Can anyone recommend some sort of flexible grout, or is it likely I
could squirt some thing into the gap that the grout was in, that would
run under the tile and stop it moving.

Its only for as long as I can put her off replacing whole bathroom
floor, the nicer I can get it, the longer I can go without replacing it.
--
yendor

I have used coloured silicon in the past.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/13 18:57, yendor wrote:
Ok, There is one area of the bathroom grout(one tile) that has
cracked. I don't want to lift it at the moment, as SWIMBO is thinking
that she would like it all changed!

The tile moves slightly when I stand on it, so this is what has caused
the grout to crack.

Can anyone recommend some sort of flexible grout, or is it likely I
could squirt some thing into the gap that the grout was in, that would
run under the tile and stop it moving.

yes. runny PVA. I had a cracked screed that was loose before tiling., I
poured about a pint in and left it a week, Fixed it a treat.

Its only for as long as I can put her off replacing whole bathroom
floor, the nicer I can get it, the longer I can go without replacing it.

try the PVA to fix the looseness - dont stand on it for several days -
then regrout.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Bathroom Grout Mr Pounder[_2_] UK diy 5 February 20th 12 03:22 PM
sealing bathroom tiling grout - with what? Jim K[_2_] UK diy 1 August 31st 10 03:56 PM
Bathroom Grout Whitening Count de Monet[_2_] UK diy 3 December 24th 09 04:21 AM
Replacing Grout on bathroom walls Ferk[_2_] Home Repair 18 November 8th 07 11:56 PM
BATHROOM TILE GROUT CRACKING [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 6th 05 12:31 AM