Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Relensing glasses

On Tue, 7 May 2013 18:26:54 +0200, tim...... wrote:

They have an inverted V plastic thing that goes over the nose rather
than the much more common twin things on little stalks ...

I can't stand the little nose pads and look for a full bridge.

Agreed waggly pads are blooming awful. I get a a "comfort bridge" soft
plastic inverted V that fits in place of the stupid, uncomfortable, nose
denting, pads.

This means that in some shops I get a choice of two, in some a choice
of one, and in some, I have to walk straight out again :-(

A decent place ought to stock a range of different sized comfort bridges
and replace the pads with one if asked. Operative word is "ought" though,
quite a few decent places don't stock a range or give you a blank look.
"No deamnd" that's only beacuse the Great Unwashed don't know they exist
and how much more comfortable they are. You only have to look at the
mangled messes some people wear to see they really don't care about their
vision.

--
Cheers
Dave.

OT Eye Glasses Metspitzer Home Repair 39 August 28th 11 06:54 AM
@#$%^&* glasses J. Clarke[_2_] Woodworking 54 January 5th 11 02:21 AM
Respirators and glasses [email protected] Woodworking 11 September 4th 08 09:10 PM
Eye glasses Frank[_5_] Home Repair 4 February 13th 08 01:31 AM
safety glasses Paul Oman Home Repair 11 September 5th 06 07:19 AM