Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Who in their right mind

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 6 May 2013 17:44:43 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who don't trust their electrician.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

Is there another part to this story?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

tim...... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

Is there another part to this story?

Other than I am a big fan of the Stihl saw.

We found it in my mates new lockup. An hour and all I got was the bloody
instruction manual for a Hinari TV.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a
launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it was BIG.
Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books - the cash was
hidden elsewhere G

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Andrew Mawson wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a
launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it
was BIG. Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books
- the cash was hidden elsewhere G

TBH the last thing I saw with as much rust as the safe we opened today had a
FORD badge on the bonnet. We never did manage to open that bonnet.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/13 19:00, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a
launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it
was BIG. Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books
- the cash was hidden elsewhere G

AWEM

'honey pot'

Always put valuables in the least likely place

a 25 year old PC chassis is deal for all your valuable data and server.
they will nick the laptop, not that.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Mawson
writes
"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a
launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it was BIG.
Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books - the cash was
hidden elsewhere G

Love it, well done :-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a
launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it was
BIG.

Did they get caught? If so do you have their contact details? Maybe
Caecilius could employ them?

Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books - the cash
was hidden elsewhere G

AWEM

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a
launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it
was BIG. Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books
- the cash was hidden elsewhere G

AWEM

'honey pot'

Always put valuables in the least likely place

a 25 year old PC chassis is deal for all your valuable data and server.
they will nick the laptop, not that.

When I was doing TV repairs, if I was parked in a rough area with a
set in the back I would take the back cover off to make it look like a
heap of junk.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The person who uses the manual as an unencryption key for their records of
ill gotten gains I'd suspect.
Did I not read a mystery at some point where a villain kept gardening mags
in a safe and use a certain series of articles to encrypt things.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"ARW" wrote in message
keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, May 6, 2013 8:48:00 PM UTC+1, Bill wrote:
In message , Andrew Mawson

writes

"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars. I had a safe stolen from a

launderette I used to own - they just picked it up and went, and it was

BIG.

Did they get caught? If so do you have their contact details? Maybe

Caecilius could employ them?

Although locked, all that was in it was unused receipt books - the cash

was hidden elsewhere G

AWEM

--

Bill

well f.m.p. Classical references. I always though this group was peopled by troglodytes !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

tim...... wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

Is there another part to this story?

Other than I am a big fan of the Stihl saw.

We found it in my mates new lockup. An hour and all I got was the bloody
instruction manual for a Hinari TV.

OK. So, I may have need of your services for a few hours. Will you accept
Samsung and Panasonic manuals, or does it have to be Hinari?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

keeps only a TV instruction manual in a safe?

People who enjoy ****ing off burglars.

Always put valuables in the least likely place

a 25 year old PC chassis is deal for all your valuable data and server.
they will nick the laptop, not that.

When I was on the road I kept the laptop in what appeared to be an
extra large Pizza Box complete with stains from leaked toppings still
on it. It was actually a steel box bolted to the passenger foot well
floor but placing a pizza box on top one day disguised it so well I
decided to stick the parts of the cardboard carton onto the steel as a
permanent fixing.
The van window did get broken in a dodgy area at one time and they
took an empty makita cordless drill case also left for the
eventuality. The laptop was left undiscovered and the actual tools
were in a locked steel tool compartment bolted in the rear of the van.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

[...]

I know someone that cut an AtoZ spine off and put it in front of his in car CD player (before the rmovable ones were common).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/05/2013 7:51 p.m., fred wrote:

well f.m.p. Classical references. I always though this group was peopled by troglodytes !

Well-read troglodytes.