Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED downlighters - 12V or 240V?

Think I've finally convinced myself that I'm going to swap over from
halogen downlighters to LED ones.

Forgetting for a moment whether downlighters a fundamentally a good idea
or not (for various reasons these are staying, end of!) my question is
whether to go for 12V or 240V ones?

My current halogens are 12V, but AFAICS I'll still still need to replace
the PSUs for some LED-compatible ones. On the plus side, I can re-use
the existing downlighters; they are quite a bit larger than modern ones
(12V or 240V) so replacing them would be something of a ball-ache in
that I'd have to *reduce* the size of the holes in the ceiling.

So, is there any compelling reason to swap to 240V?

Thanks
--
David

LED downlighters David WE Roberts[_4_] UK diy 9 June 2nd 12 08:02 PM
12V or 230/240V Halogen Downlighters [email protected] UK diy 23 May 6th 07 12:59 AM
Downlighters (again!) Richard A Downing UK diy 14 January 28th 06 06:40 PM
240v Downlighters razerindemix UK diy 12 January 25th 06 06:48 PM
Downlighters Rob UK diy 5 December 31st 04 07:53 PM