Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wood moulding channel section, where to buy?

I'm after a wood moulding channel section and I'm finding it difficult
to find any.

I want something like a 15mm square section with a 5mm slot in it, the
dimensions aren't that critical though, anything around that sort of
size will do and it doesn't even have to be symmetrical.

Can anyone suggest a supplier? All the obvious candidates (B&Q, Wickes,
etc.) all have the same range of angles, quadrants and decorative shapes
but nothing like a channel.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Apr, 16:57, wrote:
I'm after a wood moulding channel section and I'm finding it difficult
to find any.

I want something like a 15mm square section with a 5mm slot in it, the
dimensions aren't that critical though, anything around that sort of
size will do and it doesn't even have to be symmetrical.

Can anyone suggest a supplier? *All the obvious candidates (B&Q, Wickes,
etc.) all have the same range of angles, quadrants and decorative shapes
but nothing like a channel.

purchase a length of 15mm square section and run a circular saw along
it?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 21, 4:57*pm, wrote:
I'm after a wood moulding channel section and I'm finding it difficult
to find any.

I want something like a 15mm square section with a 5mm slot in it, the
dimensions aren't that critical though, anything around that sort of
size will do and it doesn't even have to be symmetrical.

Can anyone suggest a supplier? *All the obvious candidates (B&Q, Wickes,
etc.) all have the same range of angles, quadrants and decorative shapes
but nothing like a channel.

--
Chris Green

Make your own from a plank. Cut the slot first with router or
circular saw and then cut the piece off.
Only a few minutes work.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On 21 Apr, 16:57, wrote:
I'm after a wood moulding channel section and I'm finding it difficult
to find any.

I want something like a 15mm square section with a 5mm slot in it, the
dimensions aren't that critical though, anything around that sort of
size will do and it doesn't even have to be symmetrical.

Can anyone suggest a supplier? Â*All the obvious candidates (B&Q, Wickes,
etc.) all have the same range of angles, quadrants and decorative shapes
but nothing like a channel.

purchase a length of 15mm square section and run a circular saw along
it?

I have a router so could use that, however if I can buy it ready made it
would be easier.

--
Chris Green

Round section wood Osprey UK diy 46 February 7th 11 01:01 AM
need moulding (triangular wood strips) Mike.....[_2_] UK diy 4 July 21st 08 08:01 PM
Wood Floor Moulding Thomas Home Repair 4 October 1st 07 02:40 AM
sony wega: how to separte channel tuner section ruleworld Electronics Repair 1 July 23rd 07 04:10 AM
Where to find cherry wood moulding? Eric Miller Woodworking 7 June 25th 05 04:38 PM