Junior Member

Default Plumbing repair toilet query

I have an Ideal Standard concept close coupled BTW WC and cistern. I need to replace the bottom entry fill valve - permanent leak. I cannot find a copy of the installation instructions to see how the cistern connects to the pan and whether I need to remove the whole thing in order to access the connections/locking nut which are hidden within the pan ceramic case. Scanned the web/Ideal site and no instructions are available online. Any recommendations for a new filling valve would be appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
js_a_home

There is no actual pipe connection, The tank just sits on the pan with
a soft floppy foam washer between the two.
Normally there are just two wing nuts hold the tank in place under the
back of the pan.
Disconnect water and overflow, remove wing nuts, tank lifts off. You
may need a new floppy washer but easily available.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bod bod is offline

On 13/04/2013 18:47, harry wrote:
On Apr 13, 11:26 am, js_a_home
wrote:
[...]

The floppy washer is called a doughnut washer and you should always
replace with a new one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2013 11:26, js_a_home wrote:

I have an Ideal Standard concept close coupled BTW WC and cistern. I
need to replace the bottom entry fill valve - permanent leak. I cannot
find a copy of the installation instructions to see how the cistern
connects to the pan and whether I need to remove the whole thing in
order to access the connections/locking nut which are hidden within the
pan ceramic case. Scanned the web/Ideal site and no instructions are
available online. Any recommendations for a new filling valve would be
appreciated.

You don't usually have to remove the cistern to change the fill valve.

Picture?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 13, 6:47 pm, harry wrote:
On Apr 13, 11:26 am, js_a_home
wrote:

[...]

but being a "back to the wall" design you can't get at the wing nuts
Harry....

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2013 11:26, js_a_home wrote:

I have an Ideal Standard concept close coupled BTW WC and cistern. I
need to replace the bottom entry fill valve - permanent leak. I cannot
find a copy of the installation instructions to see how the cistern
connects to the pan and whether I need to remove the whole thing in
order to access the connections/locking nut which are hidden within the
pan ceramic case. Scanned the web/Ideal site and no instructions are
available online. Any recommendations for a new filling valve would be
appreciated.

You don't usually have to remove the cistern to change the fill valve.

Picture?

Sorry, just realised what BTW means :-)

If you can't get to the connectors you will have to slide the whole
thing forward.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 13/04/2013 11:26, js_a_home wrote:

I have an Ideal Standard concept close coupled BTW WC and cistern. I
need to replace the bottom entry fill valve - permanent leak. I cannot
find a copy of the installation instructions to see how the cistern
connects to the pan and whether I need to remove the whole thing in
order to access the connections/locking nut which are hidden within the
pan ceramic case. Scanned the web/Ideal site and no instructions are
available online. Any recommendations for a new filling valve would be
appreciated.

You don't usually have to remove the cistern to change the fill valve.

Picture?

Sorry, just realised what BTW means :-)

By The Way?

Bottom Tickling Watercloset?

Big Tit Wank etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"js_a_home" wrote in message

I have an Ideal Standard concept close coupled BTW WC and cistern. I
need to replace the bottom entry fill valve - permanent leak. I cannot
find a copy of the installation instructions to see how the cistern
connects to the pan and whether I need to remove the whole thing in
order to access the connections/locking nut which are hidden within the
pan ceramic case. Scanned the web/Ideal site and no instructions are
available online. Any recommendations for a new filling valve would be
appreciated.

You should be able to remove the panel behind the pan (or part of it) if it
has been fitted by someone with half a clue, see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4SHYM52vhY&noredirect=1

-

Moving a toilet-query on new waste pipe lay-out [email protected] UK diy 0 February 9th 08 11:55 AM
toilet inlet valve query Vass UK diy 4 September 5th 06 04:35 PM
plumbing toilet flange [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 21st 06 05:37 PM
Another Query after today's plumbing.... Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk UK diy 4 February 18th 05 10:12 PM
Toilet Plumbing Questions TheScullster UK diy 17 November 4th 03 10:12 AM