Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

keep them. One thing is certain - the present low prices for most raw
materials won't last.

Actually it might. The great commodities supercycle that started in 2002
had a hiccup in 2008 but the Chinese pumped $zillions into the world
economy, which simply reinflated asset prices. It hit a peak in late
2011 (witness BlackRock Gold & general fund price since then). Look at
the historical share prices of Rio Tinto and Broken Hill Propriety to
see what was 'normal' prior to 2002.

Now we all know what the Chinese have been doing since 2009 - in just 5
years they have built up the level of debt (and much of it in their
shadow banking system) that the USA took 100 years to acquire.

Oil might go back to about $50 and then bumble along at this level for
quite while, but the dollar is the problem, and it's US presidential
year (Weak Dollar = Strong Commodities; Strong Dollar = Weak
Commodities, this is why even with cheap oil, we still pay £1 per litre).

Base metals and thermal coal are dependent on Chinese demand, but they
have built ghost cities and tower blocks of residential flats everywhere
and no-one wants to buy them. Then when the writing was on the wall for
their contrived building boom (end 2013) they allowed Chinese citizens
to open share trading accounts and speculate on equities using borrowed
money !! (Blimey, didn't they look at the history of share price
volatility in Hong kong ?). That bubble popped in June 2015. One can
only guess what the Chinese government will try next (40% devaluation ??)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've got 3xdead car batteries how much could I expect to get from them and where would I need to go to?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 11:30:40 +0100, rick wrote:

My local council recycling centre has a huge pile of them .... so people
just dropping them off - not being paid anything.

'cause they don't know any better.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Par kg how much

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Par kg how much

About 45p per kg when I last took some.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Crow Metals Ltd are currently paying £630 a ton for Lead/Acid Batteries. We are based in Crow Lane, Romford, Essex, RM7 0EE or give us a call on 01708 749031.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Crow Metals Ltd are currently paying £630 a ton for Lead/Acid Batteries.
We are based in Crow Lane, Romford, Essex, RM7 0EE or give us a call on
01708 749031.

It's something most here will have. A ton of scrap batteries.
But for the very rare and odd one, you might have given the approximate
range for a single battery. Unless, of course your only interest is
spamming the group.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 13:15:58 UTC, sarah....@ metals.co.uk spammed:

---- Metals Ltd are currently paying £630 a ton for Lead/Acid Batteries. We are based in ----, ---- or give us a call on ----

Bit far to drive though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ive got 50 car battieres sum small most medium sum big how much should i expect to get for them i live in barrow in furness cumbria.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 December 2016 20:43:05 UTC, wrote:
Ive got 50 car battieres sum small most medium sum big how much should i expect to get for them i live in barrow in furness cumbria.

Depends what the scrappy pays, look up scrap car battery prices. Somewhere vaguely in the £5 each upward region.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/12/2016 20:43, wrote:
Ive got 50 car battieres sum small most medium sum big how much should i expect to get for them i live in barrow in furness cumbria.

40p/kilo in August down south, so about 3 quid per battery (assuming
normal car battery)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nice to see someone still using risc os. I still have my risc os system.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 2:16:31 PM UTC, JimK wrote:
scrap car batteries - how much should/do scrappies pay?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2017 14:58, wrote:
On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 2:16:31 PM UTC, JimK wrote:
scrap car batteries - how much should/do scrappies pay?

Jim K

29/03/2013.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9/20/2016 7:16 PM, JoeJoe wrote:
On 19/09/2016 16:21, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
writes:
Par kg how much

I've just got £35 for five or six (Phelps Bros in Gloucester)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to GB, majid wrote:
Hi i can buy your old unused batteries if intrested please call 07955557003

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ay-885108-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh no, another Home owners club lamb to the slaughter
This is an open usenet group, posting your telephone number on such a group
is probably the best way to get junk callers I can devise.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"majid" m wrote in
message ...
replying to GB, majid wrote:
Hi i can buy your old unused batteries if intrested please call
07955557003

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ay-885108-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2017 16:44, majid wrote:
replying to GB, majidÂ* wrote:
Hi i can buy your old unused batteries if intrested please call 07955557003

Don't you think that he might have got rid of them in the past 4 years?

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 10:16:31 AM UTC-4, JimK wrote:
scrap car batteries - how much should/do scrappies pay?

Jim K

We export the scrap batteries.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 10:16:31 AM UTC-4, JimK wrote:
scrap car batteries - how much should/do scrappies pay?

Jim K

depends on quantity

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Vir Campestris
writes
On 11/04/2018 22:34, wrote:
We export the scrap batteries.

hanenterpriseusa? You do realise this is a UK group (the clue is in the
name)

Yank. Probably thinks we're Ukrainians.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

10 kilos @70p a kilo. A Fiver lol you must be a scrappy

Scrap The Medway Handyman UK diy 50 January 15th 13 12:28 PM
LCD TV - repair or scrap? eastender[_4_] UK diy 11 August 27th 12 03:30 PM
Scrap wood? Locutus Woodworking 9 March 6th 06 11:40 PM
CH Cylinder-Scrap value? sponix UK diy 12 February 12th 06 11:11 AM
What do with with lbs and lbs of scrap AL ~.Roy.~ Metalworking 15 September 11th 05 12:26 AM