Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat flaps

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:49:45 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

Pet Mate for me. They're well made and they are good if you nedd spare
parts. They do various basic flaps, and stacking wall liners (50mm each)
to extend reach as required.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

The SureFlap is the most solid of the microchip catflaps I've come
across.

http://www.sureflap.co.uk/products/d...unnel-extender

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks like
replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1] finally
pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to sticking in a
flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--

I have been told that Aspirin in milk will cure the problem.
If I get the front garden sorted tomorrow I will be giving the local vermin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message ...

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:A7udnWchXpchWqHMnZ2dnUVZ7vCdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--

I have been told that Aspirin in milk will cure the problem.
If I get the front garden sorted tomorrow I will be giving the local vermin
this little treat.

Oh. So you're one of those 'brave' little arseholes...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap?
Looks like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous
psycho kitty[1] finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I
never got around to sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--

I have been told that Aspirin in milk will cure the problem.
If I get the front garden sorted tomorrow I will be giving the local
vermin this little treat.

You are a great steaming pig ignorant **** that thinks that animal cruelty
is OK.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message ...

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:A7udnWchXpchWqHMnZ2dnUVZ7vCdnZ2d@brightview .co.uk...

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--

I have been told that Aspirin in milk will cure the problem.
If I get the front garden sorted tomorrow I will be giving the local
vermin this little treat.

Oh. So you're one of those 'brave' little arseholes...

I am one of those people who likes a nice garden which is not full of
stinking cat ****.
I'm not very good at gardening but I try my best.
Over the past 4 years I have tried to be nice and I have spent a lot of
money trying to deter the cats. The ****** owner of the cats laughed in my
face when I very casually mentioned it to him. Cat owners do this.
This summer is pay back time.
Most cat owners live on scum council estates as you do.
This summer I'm going to poison every vermin cat and I really wish I could
do the same to every council estate ******.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap?
Looks like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous
psycho kitty[1] finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I
never got around to sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--

I have been told that Aspirin in milk will cure the problem.
If I get the front garden sorted tomorrow I will be giving the local
vermin this little treat.

You are a great steaming pig ignorant **** that thinks that animal cruelty
is OK.

You go **** yourself Adam. You may not be house proud but I am.
Your garden is a ******** and yeah, I have seen the videos of your ********
of a council house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap?
Looks like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous
psycho kitty[1] finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I
never got around to sticking in a flap for it in this house).

[1] its favourite form of human companionship was "bleeding".

--

I have been told that Aspirin in milk will cure the problem.
If I get the front garden sorted tomorrow I will be giving the
local vermin this little treat.

You are a great steaming pig ignorant **** that thinks that animal
cruelty is OK.

You go **** yourself Adam. You may not be house proud but I am.
Your garden is a ******** and yeah, I have seen the videos of your
******** of a council house.

Let's hope that your dream of killing a cat is as good as the one you had
had when you were pretending to be a top class fire officer.

You are a failure in life.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:58:14 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

The SureFlap is the most solid of the microchip catflaps I've come
across.

http://www.sureflap.co.uk/products/d...unnel-extender

Although he didn't mention micrchip versions. Actually, we have a
microchip one (not the Sureflap).

They do, of course, cost *considerably* more.

The Sureflap lacked a feature I needed, and the guy marketing it was one
who'd previously been involved in marketing of phones in a strange way
(learned about him on uk.telecom). But, as I said, it lacked a feature so
was no good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2013 21:35, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:58:14 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

The SureFlap is the most solid of the microchip catflaps I've come
across.

http://www.sureflap.co.uk/products/d...unnel-extender

Although he didn't mention micrchip versions. Actually, we have a
microchip one (not the Sureflap).

I don't know if these cats are chipped anyway... probably not as a guess.

IIUC they currently use a magnetically activated one. I am not too
fussed since there only appears to be one or two other cats in the
neighbourhood anyway.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:58:14 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap? Looks
like replacement moggies are arriving shortly (previous psycho kitty[1]
finally pegged it a couple of years back, and I never got around to
sticking in a flap for it in this house).

The SureFlap is the most solid of the microchip catflaps I've come
across.

Although he didn't mention micrchip versions. Actually, we have a
microchip one (not the Sureflap).

They do, of course, cost *considerably* more.

The Sureflap lacked a feature I needed, and the guy marketing it was one
who'd previously been involved in marketing of phones in a strange way
(learned about him on uk.telecom).

Ahhhh, James Winsoar I believe. Yes, but the alternative failed after 13
months. Sureflap, whilst more basic, has proved more long-lived.

But, as I said, it lacked a feature so
was no good.

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:12:40 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

Although he didn't mention micrchip versions. Actually, we have a
microchip one (not the Sureflap).

They do, of course, cost *considerably* more.

The Sureflap lacked a feature I needed, and the guy marketing it was one
who'd previously been involved in marketing of phones in a strange way
(learned about him on uk.telecom).

Ahhhh, James Winsoar I believe. Yes, but the alternative failed after 13
months. Sureflap, whilst more basic, has proved more long-lived.

That's him! Couldn't remember the name. What was the alternative?

But, as I said, it lacked a feature so was no good.

The missing feature was *outwards* control, BTW. They said it would be an
option, but the company had just been taken over and they couldn't say if
plans had changed for the add-ons.

The one we got has been going nearly 2 years, OK so far!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message ...

"John Rumm" wrote in message
[...]

Have you ever considered that the biggest stinking piece of **** in your
rubbishy garden is you?

I own my house outright, paid for from my own labours. Taxes on which
probably pay for a large part of your miserable existence.
What are you doing living close to council estates?

Well, that's so very big of you. How do I know it's not an idle threat from
a complete tosser?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:12:40 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

Although he didn't mention micrchip versions. Actually, we have a
microchip one (not the Sureflap).

They do, of course, cost *considerably* more.

The Sureflap lacked a feature I needed, and the guy marketing it was one
who'd previously been involved in marketing of phones in a strange way
(learned about him on uk.telecom).

Ahhhh, James Winsoar I believe. Yes, but the alternative failed after 13
months. Sureflap, whilst more basic, has proved more long-lived.

That's him! Couldn't remember the name. What was the alternative?

PetPorte made by StayWell. That also has the advantage of having a mains
adapter which the Sureflap doesn't.

But, as I said, it lacked a feature so was no good.

The missing feature was *outwards* control, BTW. They said it would be an
option, but the company had just been taken over and they couldn't say if
plans had changed for the add-ons.

Yup, that's the difference.

The one we got has been going nearly 2 years, OK so far!

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm writes:

I don't know if these cats are chipped anyway... probably not as a guess.

IIUC they currently use a magnetically activated one. I am not too
fussed since there only appears to be one or two other cats in the
neighbourhood anyway.

I made one of those for my own cat when I was a teenager.
It worked well on the bench, but after a day, we'd probably
collected 1lb of miscellaneous rusty nuts/bolts/nails/brackets
she dragged home attached to the magnet, and I abandoned it ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:35:39 PM UTC, Bob Eager wrote:

The Sureflap lacked a feature I needed, and the guy marketing it was
one who'd previously been involved in marketing of phones in a strange
way (learned about him on uk.telecom).

You're thinking of James Winsoar, and it was the PetPorte flaps that he used to sell (might still do for all I know).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:25:20 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

This summer I'm going to poison every vermin cat and I really wish I could
do the same to every council estate ******.

I'll laugh my **** off if you do that and the dead moggie belongs to a
nasty vicious ******* round the corner from you.
He might not know it's you who's killed his cat but you'll always
wonder when he'll find out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm writes:

I don't know if these cats are chipped anyway... probably not as a
guess.

IIUC they currently use a magnetically activated one. I am not too
fussed since there only appears to be one or two other cats in the
neighbourhood anyway.

I made one of those for my own cat when I was a teenager.
It worked well on the bench, but after a day, we'd probably
collected 1lb of miscellaneous rusty nuts/bolts/nails/brackets
she dragged home attached to the magnet, and I abandoned it ;-)

ROFLMAO.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:49:45 PM UTC, John Rumm wrote:
Anyone got a recommendation for a decent through wall cat flap?

We have a *pair* like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-STAYWE...-/150561347382

One is set into the wall, and opens out into a tunnel built
into the cupboard under the sink. The other flap is just
inside the other end of the tunnel (and the cat had to duck
under the door). Having two flaps really cut the drafts
down.

We didn't fit the second flap for about four months, and I
had to push her through the tunnel (with my leg - longer
than my arm) once to explain how the thing worked. Obviously
she preferred a member of staff to open the door, but in
their absence, would use the flaps fine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, March 11, 2013 7:46:22 AM UTC, usenet2012 wrote:
In message , Bob Eager

writes

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:12:40 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

Although he didn't mention micrchip versions. Actually, we have a

microchip one (not the Sureflap).

They do, of course, cost *considerably* more.

The Sureflap lacked a feature I needed, and the guy marketing it was one

who'd previously been involved in marketing of phones in a strange way

(learned about him on uk.telecom).

Ahhhh, James Winsoar I believe. Yes, but the alternative failed after 13

months. Sureflap, whilst more basic, has proved more long-lived.

That's him! Couldn't remember the name. What was the alternative?

PetPorte made by StayWell. That also has the advantage of having a mains

adapter which the Sureflap doesn't.

I have one of those, they have battery backup too.
My current cat doesn't want to go out, so it's not curretnty in use.
But here's a couple of vids I did of it with my previous cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNeKgu1k34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUBgEZ5fteU

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 11, 5:16*am, "Richard" wrote:
"Mr Pounder" *wrote in ...

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
"Mr Pounder" *wrote in ...

"John Rumm" wrote in message
[...]

Its Usenet.

bathroom extractor fan backdraught flaps Carl UK diy 6 September 18th 11 05:37 PM
Microchip cat flaps Bob Eager UK diy 19 May 28th 10 05:49 PM
An example of disgusting meaty flaps - 632082454.jpg (0/2) Terry F UK diy 0 March 12th 08 06:40 AM
electronic cat flaps Eigenvector Home Repair 19 June 8th 07 02:49 AM
Metric Doors and Cat flaps Quigs UK diy 4 January 23rd 05 10:14 PM