Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [?] Motorising blinds in curved bay window.

Morning all!

I'd like to be able to motorise two small cord-operated roller blinds,
and one larger one, that go around a bay window so that I can use an
electronic timer to control opening and closing automatically at night
and morning if/when the house is unoccupied.

There's not much room above the windows to mount motors and, if
possible, I'd rather not have to use an elaborate belts and pulleys
solution or anything that significantly detracts from the appearance of
the room.

Quite often there's no local person that we can call on to come in and
do the job manually twice a day.

I've spent some time pondering various possible ways to do this so I'm
wondering if anyone in this NG has managed to devise an original answer
to this type of problem.

Any constructive and/or interesting suggestions will be appreciated.

TIA - Dave.

--
David C.Chapman - )

Bowed window - blinds? John UK diy 7 December 9th 08 10:54 AM
RECALL: Window Blinds Sold Exclusively at Lowe's Stores Recalled for Repair by Springs Window Fashions Due to Strangulation Hazard Greg Home Repair 0 August 3rd 07 11:21 PM
RECALL: Window Blinds Sold Exclusively at Lowe's Stores Recalled for Repair by Springs Window Fashions Due to Strangulation Hazard Greg Home Ownership 0 August 3rd 07 11:21 PM
Securing blinds to vinyl casement window [email protected] Home Ownership 1 April 26th 05 07:40 AM
Secondary double glazing on a curved bay window adam.wootton UK diy 0 November 1st 03 10:47 PM