Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to setup Newstap with a free newsfeed?

Hi All
Or rather hi some as I suspect some of you don't see my messages due to a pathological hatred of GG.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions as to how to sort out free access to uk.d-I-y via Newstap lite. I did have a look at it the other week, but couldn't figure it out.

TIA

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi All
Or rather hi some as I suspect some of you don't see my messages due to a
pathological hatred of GG.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions as to how to sort out free
access to uk.d-I-y via Newstap lite. I did have a look at it the other
week, but couldn't figure it out.

TIA

Chris

Pretty much like setting up any news client. Just need your server name and
password and off you go. It's easy enough to google the appropriate
setting for any news service.

I use Eternal September these days that works pretty well for a free
service. BTW, well worth paying for the full version of news tap if you
want to follow more than one group.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi All
Or rather hi some as I suspect some of you don't see my messages due to a
pathological hatred of GG.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions as to how to sort out free
access to uk.d-I-y via Newstap lite. I did have a look at it the other
week, but couldn't figure it out.

Go to Eternal September and register a username and password. It makes
sense to make both username and password "complex" - a mix of upper case,
lower case and numbers. Keep a record of your registration details.

Go to Settings - News Tap

Server: news.eternal-september.org
Port: 119
Login Name: Enter your login name
Password: Enter your password

In the Personal section set

Mail: to a mail address that meets the rules on the Eternal September
website

Name: to the name you want in your posts.

Leave all other settings as they are.

Now in Newstap select Connect and slide the "Get list of all groups" to
"on" and all other switches to "off". Press "connect & transfer data" and
it will download all the groups in the server.

Now in groups select "+" and choose your groups.

"Get list of all groups" OFF
"Load new articles" ON
"Send articles" ON
"Delete old articles" ON
"Delete read articles" OFF

You're ready to go.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 01:04:25 -0800, cpvh wrote:

Hi All Or rather hi some as I suspect some of you don't see my messages
due to a pathological hatred of GG.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions as to how to sort out free
access to uk.d-I-y via Newstap lite. I did have a look at it the other
week, but couldn't figure it out.

TIA

Chris

Do you have to use Newstap lite?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all the replies, I don't have to use Newstap lite, but have to use something from the App Store (with an IPhone 4 on O2)