Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nearly free welding setup guides

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 03:46:09 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

Indeed. Most welding shops sell all 3 guides for $4 or less total.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...d=043125&qty=1

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

Yeah, they're a very good deal, very handy to have around.
3 calculator slides for $4 total, s/h included. Sucha deal!

--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

I am always glad that I used their calculator
before I turned on the power switch and opened
the argon valve.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

Yeah, they're a very good deal, very handy to have around.
3 calculator slides for $4 total, s/h included. Sucha deal!

But wait Theres More!

The calculators are free on the net:
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/calculators/

They are also available free as an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/miller-weld-setting-calculator/id452837820?mt=8

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

Yeah, they're a very good deal, very handy to have around.
3 calculator slides for $4 total, s/h included. Sucha deal!

But wait Theres More!

The calculators are free on the net:
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/calculators/

They are also available free as an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/miller-weld-setting-calculator/id452837820?mt=8

--Winston

When it comes out for Android, Ill damned well buy it!!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

Yeah, they're a very good deal, very handy to have around.
3 calculator slides for $4 total, s/h included. Sucha deal!

But wait Theres More!

The calculators are free on the net:
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/calculators/

They are also available free as an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/miller-weld-setting-calculator/id452837820?mt=8

--Winston

When it comes out for Android, Ill damned well buy it!!!

It's there and it's free:

https://market.android.com/details?i...c2V0dGluZ3MiXQ..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

I just ordered replacements for my worn out
TIG setup calculator:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

They are nifty and almost free.

--Winston

I've recommended those many times, they are great for those of us who
don't weld frequently enough to have everything memorized.

Yeah, they're a very good deal, very handy to have around.
3 calculator slides for $4 total, s/h included. Sucha deal!

But wait Theres More!

The calculators are free on the net:
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/calculators/

Cool, but not as...

They are also available free as an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/miller-weld-setting-calculator/id452837820?mt=8

Who the hell uses -those- old things?

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It is out - have it NOW on my HTC!

Thanks - all welling in one tool!
It was in the 'market' shopping cart - apps - search for Miller and wham!

Martin

wrote:

Winston wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:04:19 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

They are also available free as an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/miller-weld-setting-calculator/id452837820?mt=8

Who the hell uses -those- old things?

Me!

I used SWMBO's iPad this morning to get TIG settings
for my latest project. It worked a treat!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:
It is out - have it NOW on my HTC!

Thanks - all welling in one tool!
It was in the 'market' shopping cart - apps - search for Miller and wham!

Excellent!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

[...]

Thanks!!!!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

[...]

Btw...here is another handy Android application that I use fairly
regularly on my cell phone

https://market.android.com/details?i...XR0cm9uaWNhIl0.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston wrote:

[...]

They beat me to it - and it's only 386Kb, downloads in a flash. And
Hey! I have enough machine to get some 98% Argon/2% O2 and play with
Spray Transfer!

But at first glance it doesn't translate for you, they need to do a
re-write eventually... My Challenger doesn't have meters - Voltage is
in steps, and the wire speed dial is just "0-10".

(Yes, one of these days I'll end up with a Big Blue Air-Pak or some
such monster, but by the time you load up all the crap you have to
carry with it to do real work you need a dedicated Welding Truck or a
two-axle trailer with lots of bin space to mount it on. An Enclosed
two-axle trailer if you want to keep the stuff from growing legs.)

If I didn't just get a Klein Clamp-Amp that has a 400A DC Amps
setting, I'd be totally screwed - but now I can put the Ammeter on the
ground lead, pop the hood and clip the Fluke 23-III to the output
leads for Voltage, and see what's up.

I'll still have to guess a bit at the wire speed, unless someone has a
nifty little Inches Per Minute speedometer for cheap...

Ooooh! I just found a new definition for Beautiful Glorious Overkill:
(WARNING: get a bucket before clicking - you could drown in drool.)
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...e_700_duo_pro/

The 20 KW 3-Ph at 240V (Deluxe) and 380V (Int'l Deluxe) *AND* 4 KW
120/240V 1-Ph generator output at the same time (and while welding) is
just icing on the cake.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/23/2011 18:31, Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) wrote:
I'll still have to guess a bit at the wire speed, unless someone has a
nifty little Inches Per Minute speedometer for cheap...

Modified bicycle speedometer? Reed relay takes pulse from a magnet
connected to wirefeed roller, calculating RPM or linear velocity..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:55:52 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

It is out - have it NOW on my HTC!

Thanks - all welling in one tool!
It was in the 'market' shopping cart - apps - search for Miller and wham!

Downloaded and installed on my Android!

Thanks!!!

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

[...]