Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 4 foot fluresants

I have 2., 30 year old fluresant lamps in the kitchen. Now one of the
connectors has fallen appart. ( the tubes are new)
I have spent a while looking on line but am unable to find the connector
as a part. Anybody know where I can get this small but vital part from.
It is a twist 90 deg type.

Thanks

Gary
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gary wrote:
I have 2., 30 year old fluresant lamps in the kitchen. Now one of the
connectors has fallen appart. ( the tubes are new)
I have spent a while looking on line but am unable to find the
connector as a part. Anybody know where I can get this small but
vital part from. It is a twist 90 deg type.

Without psychic abilities (and access to a time machine) I suspect no one
can answer this! ;-)

At the very least, a make and model description or some good photographs of
the part affected would be needed but seriously, it the fittings are 30
years old probably time to bin them.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Gary wrote:
I have 2., 30 year old fluresant lamps in the kitchen. Now one of the
connectors has fallen appart. ( the tubes are new)
I have spent a while looking on line but am unable to find the connector
as a part. Anybody know where I can get this small but vital part from.
It is a twist 90 deg type.

Has the manufacturer got a web site? Do they list spares for this model or
similar?

If not you may have to replace the fitting, or repair it by using a plug
in end cap and some other method of holding the tube in place like terry
clips.

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:47:13 PM UTC, Gary wrote:

I have 2., 30 year old fluresant lamps in the kitchen. Now one of the
connectors has fallen appart. ( the tubes are new)
I have spent a while looking on line but am unable to find the connector
as a part. Anybody know where I can get this small but vital part from.
It is a twist 90 deg type.

Thanks

Gary

I doubt its worth it. You can get the usual press-on ends, but one end press-on and one end twist doesn't work well. I always hated those twist connectors, they break too easily, and can break tube pins too. I'd either fit short flying leads each end or more likely replace the whole fitting.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It is a twist 90 deg type.

Thanks

Gary

I doubt its worth it. You can get the usual press-on ends, but one end
press-on and one end twist doesn't work well. I always hated those
twist connectors, they break too easily, and can break tube pins too.
I'd either fit short flying leads each end or more likely replace the
whole fitting.

NT

http://www.bltdirect.com/products.ph...ix+Lampholders

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 41,
DerbyBorn wrote:

It is a twist 90 deg type.

Thanks

Gary

I doubt its worth it. You can get the usual press-on ends, but one end
press-on and one end twist doesn't work well. I always hated those
twist connectors, they break too easily, and can break tube pins too.
I'd either fit short flying leads each end or more likely replace the
whole fitting.

NT

http://www.bltdirect.com/products.ph...ix+Lampholders

That's a useful company - thanks.

--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:
It is a twist 90 deg type.

Thanks

Gary

I doubt its worth it. You can get the usual press-on ends, but one
end press-on and one end twist doesn't work well. I always hated
those twist connectors, they break too easily, and can break tube
pins too. I'd either fit short flying leads each end or more likely
replace the whole fitting.

NT

http://www.bltdirect.com/products.ph...ix+Lampholders

Amazing what you can find on-line. Thanks for that (and proving that my
scepticism was unfounded).

Tim