Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot water too hot

Our hot water has suddenly become scalding.

I'm assuming the likely candidate in the Sunvic tank stat?

If you turn it up to about 75 you can hear a click and the Sunvic
Unishare thingy starts to whirr, it clicks again at about 50 and the
Unishare clicks again.

Any thoughts?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Or the motorised valve is sticking open.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Our hot water has suddenly become scalding.

I'm assuming the likely candidate in the Sunvic tank stat?

If you turn it up to about 75 you can hear a click and the Sunvic
Unishare thingy starts to whirr, it clicks again at about 50 and the
Unishare clicks again.

Any thoughts?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Or the motorised valve is sticking open.

That'll be his Unishare thingy.

http://www.seered.co.uk/sunvic_unishare.htm
Can't figure out quite what an C2 rated capacitor is, but hay, my
background is electronics, not plumbing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Our hot water has suddenly become scalding.

I'm assuming the likely candidate in the Sunvic tank stat?

If you turn it up to about 75 you can hear a click and the Sunvic
Unishare thingy starts to whirr, it clicks again at about 50 and the
Unishare clicks again.

Any thoughts?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Or the motorised valve is sticking open.

The rads are still hot? I assume if the valve is sticking, they would
be cold?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Our hot water has suddenly become scalding.

I'm assuming the likely candidate in the Sunvic tank stat?

If you turn it up to about 75 you can hear a click and the Sunvic
Unishare thingy starts to whirr, it clicks again at about 50 and the
Unishare clicks again.

Any thoughts?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Or the motorised valve is sticking open.

The rads are still hot? I assume if the valve is sticking, they would
be cold?

My experience is that the valve doesn't always close properly, even it
it moves and isn't stuck.

I've also come across rubber flaps and balls having wear lines for
whatever reason allowing hot water to pass through the closed port.