John

Default 'Concealed' loft hatch

I`ve seen around (I think in shops) 'concealed' loft hatches which are
basically flush panels which swing down to allow access to the roof void
above. They are concealed in that they are flush with the plasterboard
ceiling and can be painted over to make them more discreate
Anyone know where I can get one and how much?

John

Alex

Not sure of price but most Builders Merchants (as opposed to sheds ) will
stock them.

PoP

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:35:28 -0000, "John" wrote:

I`ve seen around (I think in shops) 'concealed' loft hatches which are
basically flush panels which swing down to allow access to the roof void
above. They are concealed in that they are flush with the plasterboard
ceiling and can be painted over to make them more discreate
Anyone know where I can get one and how much?

You can always make one if necessary. It doesn't take a whole lot of
woodworking skill.

If you buy a loft ladder they usually come with the various odds and
ends to create a dropdown loft door.

PoP

Boarding a loft & insulation Wordy UK diy 13 November 4th 03 12:50 AM
Loft Insulation - Best Type and Tips for Installation L Reid UK diy 22 October 19th 03 10:26 PM
Loft door hardware Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 25th 03 12:50 AM
Power to loft. Spur of 60A shower feed? Will Cooke UK diy 1 August 5th 03 12:15 AM
Fitting A Loft Ladder Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 06:10 PM